PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my GG6, how did I do?

DapperStyle
10-13-2015, 08:22 PM
As an early anniversary present my girl got me a Griots Garage 6. I followed up by stocking up on everything I think I'll need for my car (2014 Mercedes C300) and possibly doing a few my of buddie's cars. 12 orange, green, and black and 4 red finishing pads. Menz 400, 2500, 4000 and Prima Amigo. Crystal Seal and BFWD Polymer spray as a boost after washes.

http://i.imgur.com/3BqHueu.jpg?1

My plan for my car after properly cleaning it is mark a few test spots and try out a pad and product that gives me the results I think I'm looking for. I think I'll start with Prima Amigo on a Black or Green pad. If I don't see enough clarity I'll probably try Menz 2500 on a green pad and follow with 4000 on a black pad.

http://i.imgur.com/FYUxyhH.jpg?1

kevincwelch
10-13-2015, 08:32 PM
As an early anniversary present my girl got me a Griots Garage 6.

Keep her!

DapperStyle
10-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Keep her!

I know :xyxthumbs: she puts up with my hobby and obsession with cars lol.

DaveT435
10-13-2015, 09:04 PM
You've definitely got enough pads to last for a while. It looks like your off to a great start.

DapperStyle
10-13-2015, 09:26 PM
You've definitely got enough pads to last for a while. It looks like your off to a great start.

Thanks, I tried to get a bunch of different pads to cover my bases and to rotate pads efficiently. Not shown here are a bunch of 3" pads I have too for smaller areas.

DragonHawk
10-13-2015, 10:39 PM
You really did your homework and got all the good stuff. I need to grab some Amigo, been dying to try it out. Have fun dude!

wing commander
10-13-2015, 11:11 PM
Thank you for posting the photos,now I do not feel that I have too many. I have 27 5.5 ccs pads and 14 6.5 hybrid pads. I also bought the 2",3",4" pads for small areas.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Nice order pal your pretty set with pads good job👍

VISITOR
10-14-2015, 01:53 AM
dayum, nice order! :xyxthumbs:

KBsToy
10-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Great machine, Being a hobbyist I got rid of all my polishers and ended up with the Griots. Also great start on products maybe a clay bar / mitt also to do some decontamination . I see Iron X which is great.

Take your time and enjoy :)

ViperGuy21
10-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Sweet order, and hello from a fellow OPPO member!

DapperStyle
10-14-2015, 09:21 AM
You really did your homework and got all the good stuff. I need to grab some Amigo, been dying to try it out. Have fun dude!

Thanks! I tried to get what I felt was most popular for every type of correction needed. Definitely trying the Amigo first since I heard with a polishing pad and a DA the abrasives actually get activated. Might be all I need.

Thank you for posting the photos,now I do not feel that I have too many. I have 27 5.5 ccs pads and 14 6.5 hybrid pads. I also bought the 2",3",4" pads for small areas.

Lol I may have gotten way more than I needed but it's better to have and not need than to need and not have! 40 5.5" pads and about 12 3" pads.

Nice order pal your pretty set with pads good job👍

dayum, nice order! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

Great machine, Being a hobbyist I got rid of all my polishers and ended up with the Griots. Also great start on products maybe a clay bar / mitt also to do some decontamination . I see Iron X which is great.

Take your time and enjoy :)

Yup not pictured is my Griot's yellow clay, a bug sponge to spread around the Iron X and some ONR that I'll be using as clay lube.

Sweet order, and hello from a fellow OPPO member!

Hah I recognized your name we've spoken to each other about Chemical Guys stuff in the past there, my Oppo name is RicoRich.

ViperGuy21
10-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Hah I recognized your name we've spoken to each other about Chemical Guys stuff in the past there, my Oppo name is RicoRich.

That's funny. CG is good and all, but this forum is definitely the best(detailing wise)lol