PDA

View Full Version : Best Rinseless Wash Mitt/Sponge

Pages : [1] 2

SonataLF
10-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Exactly as the title states. I've been using rinseless washes for a couple of years and never had any problems until me current car. It seems to be very susceptible to extremely light scratches.

What would be my best choice for wash media while using ONR Wash and Wax? Is there any type of media that is dedicated to rinseless washes? This is the only one I've found so far that seems to be dedicated to rinseless washing: Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/rinseless-wash-mitt.html)
Good choice?
I currently use the Lake Country blue grout sponge and it works great but when the car is covered in dust and tree droppings I may get some light scratches so I want to see if there is something safer.

Thanks!

Real Riders
10-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I have been using the Meguiars Wash Mitt for now until I make a new order and purchase the new Rinseless Wash Mitt

ronkh57
10-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Nick did a review on this last week, you may want to look for it.

I bought 4

SonataLF
10-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Nick did a review on this last week, you may want to look for it.

I bought 4

I just found it 5 minutes ago and read it. Just ordered one to give a try. :xyxthumbs:

Real Riders
10-12-2015, 01:03 PM
I will be ordering 4 Rinseless Wash Mitts tonight with the Columbus sale

Coopers ST
10-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Does anyone use a Optimum Big Red Sponge?

tenblade2001
10-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Question for those that use a wash mitt: are yall using more than one mitt i.e. do a couple of panels (mitt gets really dirty) and then use new mitt? I ask b/c I used 2BM with grit guard, and my mitt was still very dirty compared to normal wash.

SeanChav
10-13-2015, 12:39 AM
I did a RW tonight with a chenille MF mitt and it got pretty dirty by then end....I used ONR and I also pre treated all panels with a ONR dilution.... At this point Im rethinking the whole RW thing....I felt most comfortable and safe just doing a waterless wash with UWW+

Real Riders
10-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Does anyone use a Optimum Big Red Sponge?

I have a Big Red Sponge and it works ok.

Pros -- releases dirt quickly and never gets dirty. One dip in the rinse bucket and the sponge is clean

Cons -- It drags on the paint more than a wash mitt. It also drips water all over the floor and uses lots of water on each wash
It is also very dense and does not want to wash very good in tight corners. It works much better on full size vans with lots of flat area

MrOneEyedBoh
10-13-2015, 10:38 PM
I have been using the Meguiars Wash Mitt for now until I make a new order and purchase the new Rinseless Wash Mitt
Can you link me to the mitt?

Real Riders
10-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Can you link me to the mitt?

Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/rinseless-wash-mitt.html)

ski2
10-14-2015, 07:27 AM
With the release of this "new mitt" I understand why I've been so pleased with my method of doing rinseless washes for the last 10 years. I use these mitts:
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t508/pkwaug/mitts.jpg

They have the same very soft "open ended nap" as the new mitt. I remove the stitching that creates the finger pocket so that I can insert a grout sponge and move it from mitt to mitt. Holds allot of water that you can control by just squeezing as you want more or less. With the grout sponge inserted it acts like a pad that you can just let glide over the surface with just the weight of the pad. You can wash a small area with one side then flip it over and rewash that area again or move to a second area if the car isn't too dirty. At $3.50 each you can have a few and then throw them all in the wash with your other towels.

SonataLF
10-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I got the new Rinseless wash mitt and used it today. It works great, my favorite so far. The dirt rinses off very easily, my favorite so far out of the grout sponge, sheepskin mitt and just regular microfiber towels.

Britsdaddy
10-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I have a Big Red Sponge and it works ok.

Pros -- releases dirt quickly and never gets dirty. One dip in the rinse bucket and the sponge is clean

Cons -- It drags on the paint more than a wash mitt. It also drips water all over the floor and uses lots of water on each wash
It is also very dense and does not want to wash very good in tight corners. It works much better on full size vans with lots of flat area
I'll agree with this. I got one this week. I think that I'll be using my BRS along with the MF towel that I have. Each has its pros and cons.

GSKR
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't know how you guys have the patience for rinseless wash.I would just hose hit down and forget about all those things to purchase for rinseless washing.Understandable if you can't get a hose or epa restrictions.