PDA

View Full Version : Opti tire gel question

DogRescuer
10-12-2015, 05:41 AM
Im a gel user and I know a lot of you are perl fans (good stuff but xpensive to me).

My? Is do any of you use optibond on your interiors and if so what ratios
And if not, why?

Rez90
10-12-2015, 07:29 AM
I've never even thought about using it on my interior....because as far as i know....it's for tires.

FUNX650
10-12-2015, 09:04 AM
I've used Opti-Bond on vinyl covered door cards, as
well as: other similarly covered interior components.

Bob

parshooter
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I've used it on the plastic pieces in my engine compartment, and on a black plastic body trim piece. Made them look really good. Dark black but not shiney. Don't know how durable it was as I haven't opened the hood since. Don't think I'd use it on the interior though. Don't have any good reason not to, but don't have any good reason to use it there either. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
I've never even thought about using it on my interior....because as far as i know....it's for tires.

From the product page here at AG: " The water-based formula is never greasy, so you can use it to protect and enhance interior vinyl. "

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)

I've never used it on interiors because I have so many different products I've never felt the need to use it on anything but tires.

DogRescuer
10-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Im hemming and hawing to find 1 product for everything I guess my search will continue.
I love My opti for tires but I need another product for vinyl n plastic mainly for interiors.

FUNX650
10-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Im hemming and hawing to find 1 product for
everything I guess my search will continue.

I love My opti for tires

but I need another product for
vinyl n plastic mainly for interiors.
Have you tried Opti-Bond for the
interiors' vinyl and plastic?

If you do, you'll find out that:
1.) Your search for a "product for
everything" won't be over...but:

2.) Your search for that "one product for
interior/exterior rubber, vinyl and other
plastics" may just come to a screeching halt.

Bob

DogRescuer
10-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Have you tried Opti-Bond for the
interiors' vinyl and plastic?

If you do, you'll find out that:
1.) Your search for a "product for
everything" won't be over...but:

2.) Your search for that "one product for
interior/exterior rubber, vinyl and other
plastics" may just come to a screeching halt.

Bob
Nicely put, I may try hyper dressing for interiors.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Im hemming and hawing to find 1 product for everything I guess my search will continue.
I love My opti for tires but I need another product for vinyl n plastic mainly for interiors.

Nicely put, I may try hyper dressing for interiors.

Wait--why aren't you going to try the Opti-Bond on interior? I think Bob was suggesting it may be your one product for tires and interiors.

Joengo
10-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Never used it on interiors but I wouldn't want that amount of shine. I prefer my interior without any shine.

FUNX650
10-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Never used it on interiors but
I wouldn't want that amount of shine.
I prefer my interior without any shine.
Strange:
I don't get "that amount of shine"
from Opti-Bond---whether it's used
for the inside/outside areas of the vehicle.

Bob

DeansDetailing
10-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Keep in mind you can dilute PERL...as I recall 1:5 for interiors. I prefer it stronger, but it does work pretty well in most cases at 1:5.

Joengo
10-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Strange:
I don't get "that amount of shine"
from Opti-Bond---whether it's used
for the inside/outside areas of the vehicle.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I just prefer to have no shine/gloss at all, or have that factory matte finish, especially on dashboard. I find that Opti-bond will give a little gloss to it, hence it does to my tires. If that's not what you experienced, by any chance, do you use it diluted?

DogRescuer
10-13-2015, 05:47 AM
Thanks all

TuxedoTaurus
10-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Opti-bond can be diluted as with most, if not all water based dressings.

If diluting, 1:1 is recommended, but could possibly be diluted further. I have only used the recommended rate.

I have yet to use it on interiors so I have no input there.

Megs HD is a great all around dressing, however Opti-bond will last longer on the exterior. I could be wrong, but I don't think Hyper Dressing has UV protection.