PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle BL Coating QD

LSNAutoDetailing
10-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Just picked up some BL QD for my private stock.

Any tricks to application? Work in small areas with small quantity???

I may have applied too much to a large area and had some issues. Went back over the area with my favorite Pinnacle Chrystal Mist.

Anyway, input would be appreciated...

LSNAutoDetailing
10-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Really? No takers on this thread? I showered today...

LSNAutoDetailing
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I posted this question in Detailing 101 but got no traction.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/95870-pinnacle-bl-coating-qd.html

Hopefully the moderator can merge the threads... Since it's Pinnacle product, hoping Mike or Nick will chime in.

I used the QD spray with a Griot's plush MF towel last night on the hood of my Mustang (previously treated with BL Diamond Coating and Boaster). I noticed that after I immediately wiped it appeared to be some high spots that wouldn't wipe off. I will concede that the engine was hot after a ride, and that the temp outside was dropping down to 50 degrees.

Because of this I followed up with Chrystal Mist and came out nicely.

1.) Was my temperature variances to blame? (hot engine, cold outside temps)?
2.) Did I apply too liberally over a large area? (Yes, I stipulate that I sprayed liberally over a vast swath).

Any suggestions on proper application (should be just spray and wipe - as the directions state ) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Nick McKees37
10-12-2015, 10:50 AM
I posted this question in Detailing 101 but got no traction.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/95870-pinnacle-bl-coating-qd.html

Hopefully the moderator can merge the threads... Since it's Pinnacle product, hoping Mike or Nick will chime in.

I used the QD spray with a Griot's plush MF towel last night on the hood of my Mustang (previously treated with BL Diamond Coating and Boaster). I noticed that after I immediately wiped it appeared to be some high spots that wouldn't wipe off. I will concede that the engine was hot after a ride, and that the temp outside was dropping down to 50 degrees.

Because of this I followed up with Chrystal Mist and came out nicely.

1.) Was my temperature variances to blame? (hot engine, cold outside temps)?
2.) Did I apply too liberally over a large area? (Yes, I stipulate that I sprayed liberally over a vast swath).

Any suggestions on proper application (should be just spray and wipe - as the directions state ) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Diamond Coating Detailer is probably the most substantial detail spray from a chemical standpoint, meaning it contains a lot of "the good stuff" that makes paint slick and glossy. For this reason it can be more finicky when it comes to surface temperature and outside temperature. With a huge temperature variance (hot hood, cooler outside temps), this is a recipe for streaking and smearing. Also, I'm not a fan of Griot's Speed Shine Towels or Waterless Wash towels with this product due to their long nap. Switch to a Gold Plush or Super Soft Deluxe and you'll find this helps as well.

Let the panel cool off next time before using it. If the panel is dusty, make sure you spray enough on to properly lubricate the surface. If you washed the car a couple hours earlier, then just a few sprays per panel is more than enough.

Hope this helps. :)

LSNAutoDetailing
10-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Very helpful! Thank you Nick!

ronkh57
10-12-2015, 12:29 PM
I used it as a drying aid on coated pearl white.

Looked great.

Audios S6
10-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I used it a few times but that was with air temps close to freezing, nearly 100% humidity and the car panels at less than 50F (DIY car wash in the middle of winter in MN). I found it worked best when i sprayed on the towel rather than the paint. For me, the high spots always occurred near where I had sprayed, so spraying the towel alleviated this.

LSNAutoDetailing
10-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Took Nick's advice, worked perfectly. Was 75 deg, but car had been garaged for 24 hrs.