PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash question

Pages : [1] 2

SeanChav
10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Im still new to the whole rinseless wash thing....I've only did it twice, both times using ONR and a chenille MF mitt....I see majority of rinseless wash videos doing it using several MF towels, or the Gary Dean way....is that way "better" then just using a wash mitt?....I really wouldn't want to be washing a bunch of MF towels every week, but if it's truly better then I would do it

thx in advance, Sean

ronkh57
10-11-2015, 05:41 PM
I do it both ways, and also just got the new one from AG.

My suggestion is do what you're comfortable with, just be careful.

Many don't have the room etc to leave around 6-10 wet micros till they get around to washing em.

SeanChav
10-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I do it both ways, and also just got the new one from AG.

My suggestion is do what you're comfortable with, just be careful.

Many don't have the room etc to leave around 6-10 wet micros till they get around to washing em.

yea I have the new rinseless mitt on its way to me right now as well....I guess I can try the MF towel method and see how I like it....just not sure about it with having to wash 2 cars....the new mitt looks very promising though, I'm excited to try it

Britsdaddy
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Try a bunch of things and go with what you like the best. I currently have a dedicated MF towel for washing. I've tried wash mitts, multiple MF, and grout sponges. I have a Bit Red Sponge coming next week, thinking about winter washing and how much water I deal with rubbing my towel out on the grit guard and folding it back into quarters. I'm looking for easier method in the garage when it's freezing. I would guess if your washing multiple cars and using the Gary Dean method, your going to go through a lot of towels.

VeloNYC
10-11-2015, 07:11 PM
I use 2 Meguiars wash mitts Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-microfiber-wash-mitt.html) with 2 buckets and grit guard. I pre-soak car with ONR dilution 1/256 using a pump sprayer before I use mitts one after another.

But in this fall by FUNX650 (BOB) recommendation I started using Meguiars WW, and now my micros flying like pigeons, 8-10 per wash (Edgeless 420gsm TRC if interested).

SeanChav
10-11-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm gonna try both methods tmrw with ONR and also pre treating each panel with a ONR solution....can't wait.... then when I find the method I like best I'll try it with a UWW+ solution

I do know though that when I'm done with this ONR bottle I'm getting a gallon of d114

Real Riders
10-11-2015, 09:22 PM
I have tried Rinseless Washes with different methods and I have not found the perfect way
GDWM ---- works ok but going thru so many towels is not good. The microfiber towels get really dirty and there is too much laundry
Meguiars Wash Mitt -- this mitt works well but also gets really dirty and does not want to wash clean in the rinse bucket all the time
Big Red Sponge --- this releases dirt quickly and the sponge stays clean. The problem I see with the BRS is it uses lots of water and drips all over the garage floor. Plus it drags across the paint more than a wash mitt
Lowes Grout Sponge. -- this sponge works good, releases dirt quickly, but does drag across the paint and drips water on the garage floor

Next purchase -- the new Rinseless Wash Mitt

SeanChav
10-11-2015, 10:07 PM
yea my mitt will be here Friday, I can't wait to compare it to the chenille MF mitt.

I'll be doing a 2 step correction on my car within the next 2 weeks so I'd like to have a comfortable rinseless wash method down by then so I can properly maintain the finished results with confidence

AnthonyGXP
10-11-2015, 10:21 PM
The goal is to minimize the risk of reintroducing removed dirt back to the paint!.....I'm sure when you rinse your mitt not every grain of sand/dirt is completely rinsed away before you move on to the next panel.

I use multiple microfibers for rinseless, there's 0% chance of reintroducing dirt! Every time you grab a fresh microfiber, you're not wondering if you rinsed your mitt well enough.

frankprozzoly
10-12-2015, 01:19 AM
The goal is to minimize the risk of reintroducing removed dirt back to the paint!.....I'm sure when you rinse your mitt not every grain of sand/dirt is completely rinsed away before you move on to the next panel.

I use multiple microfibers for rinseless, there's 0% chance of reintroducing dirt! Every time you grab a fresh microfiber, you're not wondering if you rinsed your mitt well enough.

This is how I feel. I have about 25 orange edgeless towels for ww. I know I'm gonna do a load of laundry a week. The wash mitt would go in the laundry too so what's the difference

pheerix
10-12-2015, 01:27 AM
This is how I feel. I have about 25 orange edgeless towels for ww. I know I'm gonna do a load of laundry a week. The wash mitt would go in the laundry too so what's the difference

I also agree. If I use a wash mitt or two and some drying towels I'm still going to have to a load of laundry to get ready for the next wash. Why not just use more towels so each panel gets a clean towel.

SeanChav
10-12-2015, 03:16 AM
I just did a rinseless wash on the wife's car with the MF towels, and boy did I use a lot of towels (8 i believe)....I feel like it took quite a bit longer to do it that way, even my wife said the same thing.

I totally understand the logic of a fresh towel touching each panel, but I feel using the mitt for rinseless would be no different then when u traditional 2bm wash with ur mitt.... but that's just me

DogRescuer
10-12-2015, 03:57 AM
I just did a rinseless wash on the wife's car with the MF towels, and boy did I use a lot of towels (8 i believe)....I feel like it took quite a bit longer to do it that way, even my wife said the same thing.

I totally understand the logic of a fresh towel touching each panel, but I feel using the mitt for rinseless would be no different then when u traditional 2bm wash with ur mitt.... but that's just me

But that's okay, we go with what we're comfortable with.

pheerix
10-12-2015, 09:43 AM

My reasoning is that with a traditional wash you have the benefit of hosing down the car and washing away little rocks, twigs, etc that are stuck in the crevices between panels. With rinseless at most you prespray with a spray bottle and your mitt may pick up debris between panels and we all know how stuff likes to get tangled in MF threads. Even with a grit guard sometime you need to pry stuff with your fingers do get the debris out.

AnthonyGXP
10-12-2015, 06:45 PM

If you haven't noticed, your mitt or towels will get much dirtier with a rinseless wash rather than a 2bm wash. It's also much harder to completely rinse the mitt or towels with rinseless because of the polymers that removes dirt, and seems to not release well from the wash media either.