PDA

View Full Version : Rupes or Griots Boss?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

99monguse
10-11-2015, 01:37 PM
What do you think Rupes or Griots Boss?

DaveT435
10-11-2015, 02:30 PM
I've never used the Rupes but have heard nothing but good. I have the G21 and love it. Similar machines. Griot's has a lifetime warranty.

Zubair
10-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Rupes invented the long throw DA whereas others...

I love my Rupes 15 and if I could go back in time would still buy it over and over again over any other polisher.

With Rupes you paying $400 for a $400 polisher, with the other you paying $400 for a $150 Chinese knock off.

The choice should be clear.

rlmccarty2000
10-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Rupes 15, Rupes 21, and Rupes 75. Buy any one and you will be very happy. Buy the original if you appreciate quality tools.

swanicyouth
10-11-2015, 06:57 PM
If you have to ask - you prolly should get the Griot's.

custmsprty
10-11-2015, 07:08 PM
I have three Rupes, the 15, the Duetto and the Mini and I have the G21. If I had to pick one I'd buy the G21. It's an excellent all around tool and works great with both a 6" and 5" backing plate. The G21 is very smooth and over all quality is very good and you can't beat the warranty. It's very ergonomically well designed too. It also ships with an extra set of brushes.

I love my Duetto and Mini for certain applications but between the Rupes 15 and the G21 I have no use for my Rupes 15 anymore, it's gathering dust. I always grab my G21.

VISITOR
10-11-2015, 11:26 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/griots-garage-boss-g21-long-throw-orbital-polisher-1.gif:xyxthumbs:

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-12-2015, 01:32 AM

I love my Rupes 15 and if I could go back in time would still buy it over and over again over any other polisher.

With Rupes you paying $400 for a $400 polisher, with the other you paying $400 for a $150 Chinese knock off.

If we still stuck with the "original" we would still have original car that Henry ford made.

Just because its the original does not mean it can not be topped.

Chinese some of the best stuff we use are made by chinese, and they are some of the smartest people in the world and innovators.

Who makes more things China or Italy ?

Yep.

And what makes "Italian" good so Italian plastic is better then Chinese plastic?

A 500 watt Italian motor is better then a 900 watt Chinese motor?

You can see everything that the boss is made out off.

And it uses nothing but the best including NSK bearings.

If you hate on China so much I sure hope you use nothing else from them.

Griots has more power and is more comfortable then the Rupes.

But hey stuff is meant to be surpassed.

So what kind of car do you drive ???

A Volkswagen ? Well why they was not the first car made ? So why buy a knockoff of an original car ?

See where I'm going with this ?
Everyone makes cars now with different features, different motors , different purposes, does not mean that they are any less better because of a ethnicity.

Italian, chinese, german , USA it doesnt mean anything the parts or metal don't speak those languages so what makes that superior ?

Why is italian better then the USA ?
Why is German better then China ?

Another thing martin Cooper made the first cell phone , so why dont you have the first original brick cell phone ? I mean he was the first that's the original so it has to be the best....

That doesn't mean you have a steve jobs phone do you ???? I mean he just copied off of martin cooper what a loser that makes iphones junk

And if you got a android, they copied off a copy... Witch is even worst.

Things evolve dont be such a cry baby. 😭

VISITOR
10-12-2015, 01:40 AM
"Strive for perfection in everything.
Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it.
Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
Sir Henry Royce,
co-founder of Rolls Royce

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-12-2015, 01:48 AM

Well since you said Rupes started long throws.

The first German car was a Mercedes Benz in 1886 and then THOSE GOD FOR SAKEN IMPOSTERS CALLED VOLKSWAGEN DARED TO COPY THR AUTOMOBILE BY CREATING A CAR IN 1936, TOOK THEM A WHOLE 50 YEARS TO MAKE A COPY.

my god those damn imposters my suggestion ? Go for the original Mercedes Benz they did it first so that means its the best.

I will locate the nearest dealer so you can trade your VW for the original.

Can't stand those damn knockoffs

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-12-2015, 01:50 AM
The difference between these is one is original fine tuned German engineering the other a cheap imitation copy yuck

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-12-2015, 01:51 AM
"Strive for perfection in everything.
Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it.
Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
Sir Henry Royce,
co-founder of Rolls Royce

Excellent 👍👍👍👍👍👍 sir you outdone your self

Zubair
10-12-2015, 02:52 AM
If you have to ask - you prolly should get the Griot's.

Lol :dblthumb2:

The Kia will no doubt be chosen over the Rolls Royce judging by the lack of common sense being shown here.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-12-2015, 04:23 AM
Lol :dblthumb2:

The Kia will no doubt be chosen over the Rolls Royce judging by the lack of common sense being shown here.

Apples and oranges.

A kia to a Rolls Royce is light years of difference.

The Griots has a more powerful motor, and more comfortable with a lifetime warranty.

And your only reason for the Rupes being better is cause its Italian lol.... Wow

So the G21 and Rupes are almost identical its the small things that make them different.

A small gap but a kia to a rolls Royce ? Is your comparison to a Rupes and G21 ?

Meaning the Rupes is the rolls Royce ?

Every comparison/review the G21 has won.

The rubber grips. Make the machine more comfortable to use during hours and hours of polishing.

The dial clicks and locks into place, while the rupes can spin freely once you put the machine down.

The locking trigger is easier to use on the Griots then the Rupes.

The Griots has a 900 watt 7.5 amp motor with a lifetime warranty.
(The lifetime warranty is a indicator that they have such believe in there machine that its not going to break , otherwise why would they offer this, Griots has OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE)

The Rupes has a 500 watt motor.
and they frown upon using the 5 inch plate on the 21mm orbit

As well as Rupes stuff is almost double price for almost everything.

Rupes backing plates ? 46.99 but that's fine Italian plastic.

Griots plates ? 23.99

One Rupes pad ? Can cost you 16$

Griots Boss pads ? 23.99 for 2 5.5 inch

26.99 for 2 6.5 inch

There Boss creams (witch work excellent by the way)

16-23$ for 16oz

Rupes 29.99 for 500ml (16 oz)

While if I had a Rupes I wouldn't say omg I need a boss to enhance my work.

However if I had a choice I would pick the G21 cause it beats it in almost every aspect.

Price
power
Comfort
Intangibles
Mechanics
Cheaper system
Lifetime warranty
Functionality

So if I was going to pick a polisher.its a no brainer.

Saying go with the original just isn't good enough that's kind of the dumb way to look at things.

However if I just had a Rupes I wouldn't be busting to go buy a boss as there essentially almost identical.

That's why its so moronic that your hating on this amazing machine and system don't knock it till ya try it

Jomax
10-12-2015, 04:30 AM
I wonder why they frown upon the 5in backing plate on their rupes 21. I've used one since I bought it when rupes first came out.