PDA

View Full Version : Stoners tarminator help

garetth
10-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Hey guys this is my first post. Ive been a long time lurker off the forum and usually used the search to find all my answers and never found the need to make an account.

I drive a 1991 r32 gtr and im looking for some insight on stoners tarminator. My car sits under a tree some times that dropped little tiny sap marks over the car over the months. I tried using a clay bar to removed these but no luck also things like turtle wax tar remover never got the job done. I bought a can of tarminator and it worked wonders but used almost a full can getting everything off the hood alone! I bought 2 more cans and I need to do trunk, roof, top of fenders that have accumulated some sap. Could anyone tell me there favorite method off applying tarminator? After washing the car does it need to be dry or can i clean car then apply while its wet? My cars paint is extremly soft and will scratch no matter what so it will need a full polish after. Heres some pictures of car! 378193782037821

DaHen
10-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Whenever I use Tarminator to remove sap, tar or whatever. I give the area a shot and let it sit for less than a minute or so. Seems to work for me.

And welcome to the forum.

garetth
10-11-2015, 03:03 PM
What process do you go through? Do you wash/dry car then spray tarminator wipe with microfiber then wet the car again? My car has accumulated quite a bit of little tiny drops so i have to spray the hole panels i cant just spray certain spots because theres so many.

FUNX650
10-11-2015, 04:22 PM
What process do you go through? Do you wash/dry car then spray tarminator wipe with microfiber then wet the car again?
The following tar-removal processes, of
mine, are done out of direct Sunlight:

•I'll wash, but not dry, the vehicle
before using the tar-remover.
•Then, once the tar has been removed:
I'll give the vehicle a very thorough car-washing
(not just getting the car wet).
This is a must-do, IMO.

Bob

garetth
10-11-2015, 09:48 PM
The following tar-removal processes, of
mine, are done out of direct Sunlight:

•I'll wash, but not dry, the vehicle
before using the tar-remover.
•Then, once the tar has been removed:
I'll give the vehicle a very thorough car-washing
(not just getting the car wet).
This is a must-do, IMO.

Bob
Thank you for the reply! So the vehicle still having some water on it won't affect the effectiveness of tarminator?!

FUNX650
10-11-2015, 10:04 PM
So the vehicle still having some water on it
won't affect the effectiveness of tarminator?!
• No...it will not:
- Tarminator is a petroleum-based solvent;
- that has negligible solubility in water.

Bob

garetth
10-11-2015, 10:16 PM
• No...it will not:
- Tarminator is a petroleum-based solvent;
- that has negligible solubility in water.

Bob
Thank you!