PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler leather

v1ru5879
10-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Have a 09 charger rt n a 15 jeep Cherokee limited, both with black leather seats. Should I be using a dedicated leather cleaner on this type of material? Also looking for a long lasting leather scent to use in both vehicles. Love the chemical guys leather scent but it doesn't seem to last very long

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DogRescuer
10-12-2015, 04:05 AM
I personally don't feel you need a dedicated leather cleaner, I feel going with an 1:10 apc is fine just recondition with a good product afterwards. I won't comment on cg products because I dislike them.

Jomax
10-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Are you sure you have real leather seats? And not "pleather"?

aim4squirrels
10-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Are you sure you have real leather seats? And not "pleather"?

He's got real leather. It's coated leather, so no need for a dedicated conditioner.

Use the APC as builthatch described. If you've got the suede inserts that's actually Alcantara, a type of microfiber made to look like suede. Just use a very dilute mixture of woolite and water to clean on a wet cloth. Go over it with warm water only to remove the soap residue.

You can use 303 fabric guard on the Alcantara with no ill effects. I've done it to my 2008 challenger.

v1ru5879
10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
He's got real leather. It's coated leather, so no need for a dedicated conditioner.

Use the APC as builthatch described. If you've got the suede inserts that's actually Alcantara, a type of microfiber made to look like suede. Just use a very dilute mixture of woolite and water to clean on a wet cloth. Go over it with warm water only to remove the soap residue.

You can use 303 fabric guard on the Alcantara with no ill effects. I've done it to my 2008 challenger.
Thanks man I appreciate your help, I had bought some of griots leather spray just to be on the safe side but very good to know an apc will do the job. Yes I do have the inserts and have been leery of using anything but warm water n a wet vac on them

FUNX650
10-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Chrysler's "Corinthian leather"?

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8YI3AeiP2k"]The rich Corinthian leather of the Chrysler Cordoba by Ricardo Montalban - YouTube[/video]

Bob

v1ru5879
10-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Chrysler's "Corinthian leather"?

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8YI3AeiP2k"]The rich Corinthian leather of the Chrysler Cordoba by Ricardo Montalban - YouTube[/video]

Bob
One could only be so lucky to have that leather in a modern day car

aim4squirrels
10-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks man I appreciate your help, I had bought some of griots leather spray just to be on the safe side but very good to know an apc will do the job. Yes I do have the inserts and have been leery of using anything but warm water n a wet vac on them

Sonax makes a dedicated Alcantara cleaner that is supposedly great. I've personally never tried it, but that might be in a future order to try.

And as Bob probably knows, there is no such thing as Corinthian leather. Chrysler made that term up completely to make it sound more sophisticated.

Bunky
10-13-2015, 10:27 AM
You can tell by the video how softly sprung the suspension was in the Cordoba in those days. It was bouncing around a lot.

FUNX650
10-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Sonax makes a dedicated Alcantara cleaner that is supposedly great. I've personally never tried it, but that might be in a future order to try.
I, too, haven't used this Sonax product yet.
Instead: I use this LeatherMaster Kit for all of my
"Alcantara-style" materials with extraordinary results:
Leather Master Nubuck Eco Protection & Cleaning Kit, nubuck cleaning kit, suede leather cleaning kit (http://www.autogeek.net/nubuck-and-suede-leather-care-kit.html)

And as Bob probably knows,
there is no such thing as Corinthian leather.

Chrysler made that term up completely
to make it sound more sophisticated.
^^^¿Qué el Hades?^^^

:D

Bob