PDA

View Full Version : Removing Trim Stain?

AustrianOak82
10-11-2015, 07:24 AM
I have done several trim restores on different cars but I have never removed old stain. I am doing an Avalanche later today that had a trim restore attempted but didn't turn out well at all. I need to remove the old stain and re-apply new.

My plan was to wash the truck and hit it with 10:1 APC and a scrub brush and/or stiff bristle brush. Has anyone had to remove the old stain before? Would this normal approach work? Thanks!

AustrianOak82
10-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Nobody?

Nick McKees37
10-12-2015, 10:54 AM
I have done several trim restores on different cars but I have never removed old stain. I am doing an Avalanche later today that had a trim restore attempted but didn't turn out well at all. I need to remove the old stain and re-apply new.

My plan was to wash the truck and hit it with 10:1 APC and a scrub brush and/or stiff bristle brush. Has anyone had to remove the old stain before? Would this normal approach work? Thanks!

Scrubbing with an all purpose cleaner and then doing a follow up wipe down with a strong dilution (let's say 20%) of IPA should make the trim squeaky clean.