PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer over CQ UK

bigmitch
10-10-2015, 01:25 PM
I have CQ UK on my sons car and have been using Reload on it after every couple washes. Unfortunately my son and his car have left for his duty station as he's in the Navy. I'm trying to see if there would be a good quick detailer he could use after washing on top of the CQUK as I don't see nothing but allot of streaking occurring if he tries to use Reload as between it being finicky and he doesn't really have any experience with it. It's a black car and all his washing and detailing will be done outdoors. So trying to see what a good quick detailer that is user friendly, and will enhance the gloss that he could use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

haris300
10-10-2015, 01:40 PM
I like using Meguiar's D114 on my coated cars. It doesn't leave anything behind to interfere with the properties of the coating. Plenty of people are happy using products like UWW+ on their coated cars which do in fact leave something behind (Polycharger in this case). Also, I believe the new formula of Reload is supposed to be a little more user friendly but don't quote me on that one.

fly07sti
10-10-2015, 03:40 PM
I have used D156 on a few cars coated with UK and had no issues whatsoever. As a suggestion, I recommend trying a wash with Hydrofoam. It cleans good and leaves protection behind. I also recently used Hydro2 Lite and it worked great as well.

AutowerxDetailing
10-10-2015, 04:56 PM
How old is the Reload? The newest version completely eliminates the streaky issues of last year's batch.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
10-10-2015, 05:43 PM
I like using Meguiar's D114 on my coated cars. It doesn't leave anything behind to interfere with the properties of the coating. Plenty of people are happy using products like UWW+ on their coated cars which do in fact leave something behind (Polycharger in this case). Also, I believe the new formula of Reload is supposed to be a little more user friendly but don't quote me on that one.

100% this. D114 kills it on coated cars. It is my go-to rinseless product for pre-correction cleanups and maintaining not too dirty coated vehicles.

Audios S6
10-10-2015, 08:38 PM
How old is the Reload? The newest version completely eliminates the streaky issues of last year's batch.

I'd agree that streaking is MUCH less of an
issue than 2014, but I still wouldn't use it outdoors in the sun as the OP suggested his son has to do.

Hydro2 or hydrofoam would be great, but he will have to work a panel at a time.

I know a few people (one is a finest installer) that use D156 with good results over coatings and it is bubba proof. Pretty sure he could get called away for active duty in the middle of a wax and it would still wipe off easy when he returned from his tour.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Reload is needed maybe once or twice a year over CQ UK IMO. Ultima Waterless Wash is a great QD and what I use over many cars that are coated with CQ UK.

AutowerxDetailing
10-10-2015, 10:21 PM
I'd agree that streaking is MUCH less of an
issue than 2014, but I still wouldn't use it outdoors in the sun as the OP suggested his son has to do.

Hydro2 or hydrofoam would be great, but he will have to work a panel at a time.

I know a few people (one is a finest installer) that use D156 with good results over coatings and it is bubba proof. Pretty sure he could get called away for active duty in the middle of a wax and it would still wipe off easy when he returned from his tour.

I agree. If ease of use is the main concern D156 is hard to beat.

jay_rap
10-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Dilute the heck out of reload. I have 2 black cars and use reload as a drying aid, every other wash. I either cut it 1/32 or use it straight only misting the rag, both while the vehicle is wet.

FUNX650
10-11-2015, 08:16 AM
I have CQ UK on my sons car...

So trying to see what a good quick detailer that
is user friendly, and will enhance the gloss
that he could use.
IMO:
•The vehicle is Coated.
-There shouldn't be the need of any
user-friendly QD to enhance its gloss.

•Just get him some D114 and MF-towels
to either RW, or WW, the vehicle.