PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Used scotch gard oxy to remove pizza stain now looks worse

Pages : [1] 2

spedster
10-10-2015, 08:32 AM
I got pepperoni and cheese on my car seat. I got the chunks off then sprayed some Scotch gard oxy directly on the seat let stand 5 minutes then dabbed with a towel, now it looks like this. You can see the stain is still there and now there is the larger area where I sprayed that you can see. How can I get this out? I have never properly cleaned car seats before. If you look closely you can see there is a larger stain that goes across the whole seat, I dont know what that is, it was there when I got the car. Please help a nooby!

http://i.imgur.com/7L1ttqn.jpg

heckhole
10-10-2015, 09:47 AM
What do you have for tools?

I recently had a cloth F350 with stains that my 'professional' chem wouldn't touch. I ended up using diluted simple green on the spot and the entire area, gently rubbing the area, then misted with warm water and extracted it using a vacuum. Came out like new after a few attempts.

Not sure why my professional equip wouldn't do that job, but I run into it occasionally where household stuff works better

TheAverageMan
10-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Oil based from pizza? Try a citrus degreaser or tanin stain remover. Meguiars sells them by the gallon for protein specific stains lol

spedster
10-10-2015, 12:16 PM
What do you have for tools?

I recently had a cloth F350 with stains that my 'professional' chem wouldn't touch. I ended up using diluted simple green on the spot and the entire area, gently rubbing the area, then misted with warm water and extracted it using a vacuum. Came out like new after a few attempts.

Not sure why my professional equip wouldn't do that job, but I run into it occasionally where household stuff works better

My only tools are a craftsman wet-dry vac.

Was it just the simple green all purpose concentrate? What did you dilute it to?

bill walsh
10-10-2015, 01:09 PM
i have had good luck with spray dri foam carpet cleaner

custmsprty
10-10-2015, 01:11 PM
rent a rug doctor and extract your seats while yu try to remove that stain too

spedster
10-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I've seen some people recommending dilute dawn dish soap too which I may try first since I would have to buy the other products mentioned.

What is the general idea of getting this stain out. Do I want to soak the area with the cleaner then agitate with a brush and then vacuum it out? I've never done this before and want to avoid permanent damage.

spedster
10-10-2015, 02:22 PM
rent a rug doctor and extract your seats while yu try to remove that stain too

This sounds like a great idea. It seems like I can rent for a day for $30. Do they typically come with cleaner or do I need to buy some? If I need to get some any recs?

VP Mark
10-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Umm, try this before doing all that.

Woolite 1:10 in a spray bottle of distilled water, agitate with soft brush, pat with Micro fiber, wet vac. Wash, rinse, repeat if needed.

spedster
10-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Umm, try this before doing all that.

Woolite 1:10 in a spray bottle of distilled water, agitate with soft brush, pat with Micro fiber, wet vac. Wash, rinse, repeat if needed.

To rinse do I just do the same thing but with water in a spray bottle instead?

VP Mark
10-10-2015, 04:41 PM
To rinse do I just do the same thing but with water in a spray bottle instead?

That was a figure of speech really, should be no reason to rinse unless you see a lot of residue after toweling and vacuuming.

swanicyouth
10-10-2015, 04:56 PM
What is going on here is the cleaner left its mark on the seat. Ideally, you would use an extractor or carpet cleaner to fix this.

But, as for cleaners - you really need to get Folex. It's one of the few carpet cleaners that doesn't really need to be extracted.

You can "ghetto extract" with a spray bottle of Folex and a shop vac. Spray the whole cloth piece with Folex, agitate, then suck up with a shop vac slowly.

spedster
10-10-2015, 04:59 PM
I actually found an old Hoover Steamvac JR that I'm gonna try to use tomorrow. I also an old bottle of little green detergent. I'm gonna try to use this tomorrow and I'll post the results.

expdetailing
10-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Make sure to saturate every square inch of the cloth or you will be left with an outer-ring that represents the border of the cleaning solution's path.

Calendyr
10-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Didn't read all the answers so I hope I am not repeating something ;)

You will want to use a degreasing product and a brush. Here are the steps I would take:

1. Spray with degreaser of your choice. Let it work on it's own for a minute or two so it can break down the greases.

2. Brush the whole area up and down several times, then side to side several times and finally in both diagonals several times.

3. Spray with warm water if you don't have an extractor. Not too much, just to get the fabric very damp.

4. Extract all you can with the wet and dry vaccum.

If the stain is still there try a stain removal product. You can use the stuff at the grocery store for clothes, it work well on any fabric. Just repeat the steps replacing the degreaser with Shout or any other stain removal product.