PDA

View Full Version : Where do you store your car detailing supplies?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
10-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Do they have to be stored in a consistent climate? Can they be stored in a garage or shed? I'd assume in a garage or shed, that could freeze, no? Where do you guys store your stuff?

dcjredline
10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Im in Upstate NY.

I store my cleaning chemicals in the garage during the summer and in the basement in the winter.

Polishes and waxes stay in the basement all year round.

PurpleTowel
10-09-2015, 10:15 AM
I keep everything in a Harbor Freight 4-drawer roller during the detailing months. It holds everything I use except the expensive waxes which are in a small dorm fridge. For winter, everything that could freeze comes into the house and gets stored in the climate-controlled basement.

mc2hill
10-09-2015, 10:28 AM
I am in Florida so hot summers and mild winters. I keep thin liquids - cleaners, wash soap, rinseless wash, detail sprays, tire dressings, etc. in a plastic free standing cabinet in the garage year-round. Polishes, waxes, sealants, coatings, and thick liquids (leather conditioners, etc.) are in plastic totes and live in the house.

hbrett29
10-09-2015, 10:36 AM
I really like the cart setup.

PurpleTowel
10-09-2015, 10:41 AM

If you aren't a member on Garage Journal, this thread is worth joining for... Modifications to the HF 4-drawer Service Cart (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137365)

It's one of the very few Harbor Freight items that is a really respected, decent quality item. Low cost with coupons and sales, and is a really nice way to move your detailing things around in the garage or driveway.

Zelfiris
10-09-2015, 10:43 AM
In my basement all year round.

Its consistently about 59 degrees fahrenheit (below room temp) but nowhere close to freezing.

Ricorocks
10-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Some products can become damaged, or separate due to heat.

Most products do not have storage conditions listed on the label. So now I phone support, and ask about where this or that should be stored.

I now have a bunch of product stored on shelving in a closet, normally around 74 -76F

Some are stored in the garage, which has dramatic temp changes.

One wax is stored in the refrigerator.

MrOneEyedBoh
10-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks all.

Audios S6
10-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Im in Upstate NY.

I store my cleaning chemicals in the garage during the summer and in the basement in the winter.

Polishes and waxes stay in the basement all year round.

That's what I do too, in MN

PurpleTowel
10-09-2015, 02:50 PM

It's actually on the Columbus Day sale at HF right now, $109 with coupon... it's on the front page of the website. Helluva deal.

DaveT435
10-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Some products can become damaged, or separate due to heat.

Most products do not have storage conditions listed on the label. So now I phone support, and ask about where this or that should be stored.

I now have a bunch of product stored on shelving in a closet, normally around 74 -76F

Some are stored in the garage, which has dramatic temp changes.

One wax is stored in the refrigerator.

That's a good idea. I often wondered why they didn't put storage temps on them.

glfnaz
10-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Weekly use stuff is in the garage Sept to May. Then I move them inside the house Jun-Aug due to AZ heat. We don't get freezing temps in the winter. This way they stay between 45-90 degrees.

Waxes and polishes are inside year round.

Klasse Act
10-09-2015, 06:58 PM
I always have a complete kit in my car but the rest of my collection is in the kitchen cabinet as well as the coat closetIm the MAN

heckhole
10-09-2015, 11:13 PM
I've had a lot of polishes and compounds go bad around 40 degrees. Nothing more annoying than having an almost new bottle of expensive compound separate and refuse to mix after a cold night.