PDA

View Full Version : first experience with rinseless washing

Pages : [1] 2

SeanChav
10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
And it was pretty good!!!....me and the wife traveled up to big bear lake, California for a show this past wknd all the way from Arizona.... The cars were glazed and waxed before....and obviously they got dirty from the 5 hour drive up.

So Saturday morning I woke up early and went down to get the cars cleaned up....i brought a small arsenal of detailing stuff from UWW+ to glass cleaner, interior cleaner, a butt load of MF towels and ONR for the wash with a chenille microfiber mitt.

The cars actually weren't terribly dirty, but there was dust and some little bug splatter....I started from the roof and worked my way down and did a final wipe with UWW+ to clean up any streaks and spotting.... I must say I'veheard of a lot of ppl falling in love with rrinseless washing, and I think I'm one of them now....in AZ we have no water restrictions so I could traditional wash with my foam gun as much as I want, but iI will prolly start throwing rinseless washes in the mix now as its very effective and faster then traditional

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg520/SStripped/20151003_182912.jpg (http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/SStripped/media/20151003_182912.jpg.html)

Ryan509
10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Rinseless is a way quicker set up. Don't gotta haul out the hose every few days and soak everything. Plus you get way less run marks. When i first used Rinseless at the beginning of the summer i haven't used a hose since except when using iron X

SeanChav
10-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Yea I'm thinking I might switch to rinseless washes more, and just bust out the foam gun when its really dirty....and the ONR smells soo good too!!!

pheerix
10-07-2015, 06:54 PM
How do you not have water restrictions in AZ?

SeanChav
10-07-2015, 07:04 PM
How do you not have water restrictions in AZ?

Although it doesn't rain much here, we do HOLD the water that we do get very well....plus the snow in the northern part of the state helps out alot

pheerix
10-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Although it doesn't rain much here, we do HOLD the water that we do get very well....plus the snow in the northern part of the state helps out alot

Ah I see. We use ours to water our lawns and let the rest go into the storm drains and to the ocean.

SeanChav
10-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Ah I see. We use ours to water our lawns and let the rest go into the storm drains and to the ocean.

Yea there's not a lot of yards out here with grass lawns, most are rock landscaped obviously lol

Klasse Act
10-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the club Sean!

I would like to suggest something else for your next roadie...2 gallon hand pump. This is great for cleaning your tires, wheels and wheel wells out. Its also great for engine bay cleaning as well as door jams! I paid $20.00 for mine at a local home improvement store and is one my most used detailing tools.

As far as the cars, love the rims on the CC🇩🇪

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

ski2
10-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Surprised you didn't just use UWW+ as your rinseless wash. One oz in three gallons of water is all you need -- I find it has more lubricity than ONR and leaves a nice glow on the paint.

Great cars by the way!!!! Have two VWs myself.

davidc
10-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I am going to put the 901 in my will as it is 932 I use 99.9% of the time. Of course the added Aqua Wax in the 932 is a real bonus. The 932 mixed as a QD is one of/if not the only slickest QD I have used.

Dave

SeanChav
10-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the club Sean!

I would like to suggest something else for your next roadie...2 gallon hand pump. This is great for cleaning your tires, wheels and wheel wells out. Its also great for engine bay cleaning as well as door jams! I paid $20.00 for mine at a local home improvement store and is one my most used detailing tools.

As far as the cars, love the rims on the CC🇩🇪

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Thank you!!....I'll look into the hand pump for next time also....and thx for the compliment, they changed the look of the car quite a bit

Surprised you didn't just use UWW+ as your rinseless wash. One oz in three gallons of water is all you need -- I find it has more lubricity than ONR and leaves a nice glow on the paint.

Great cars by the way!!!! Have two VWs myself.

Well I normally wwould've just waterless washed them both with UWW+, but I have been wanting to try rinseless.... I will end up trying Ultima in a rinseless wash at some point but I bought a 32oz ONR bottle for $16 just for rinseless washing, and with 16oz of Ultima costing a tad more I'll just keep it as my waterless wash cuz of price

Thx for the compliments too, I'm lucky my wife shares the same cxar passion as me....now I'm trying to get her into detailing too

ski2
10-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Don't forget you can get 16oz of UWW+ concentrate for $18--enough to mix up 32 bottles at the waterless dilution or 16 three gallon mixes for rinseless washes.

SeanChav
10-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Don't forget you can get 16oz of UWW+ concentrate for $18--enough to mix up 32 bottles at the waterless dilution or 16 three gallon mixes for rinseless washes.

yea that's what I meant, the Ultima concentrate for $18 vs the ONR for $16 with twice as many rinseless washes.... I'm gonna try the Ultima rinseless next and see which I like better then go from therethere

pheerix
10-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Meguiars D115 is also great. Not quite as economical but it's my favorite by far.

irvsmith
10-11-2015, 01:19 PM
So is the main reason people don't do waterless over detailer spray a cost one?