PDA

View Full Version : wdgps 3.0 Cold weather application

wn1998
10-07-2015, 07:41 AM
So, I ordered my wolfgang and just received it. However, I just put two coats of Zaino AIO on my car and that was the end of my bottle. I am looking to apply the WDGPS in early to mid November and was wondering if cold weather (Illinois) would prevent it from fully curing? I do have a heated garage that I will apply it in, but i'm not going to leave the heat on overnight.....

MarkD51
10-07-2015, 09:14 AM
So, I ordered my wolfgang and just received it. However, I just put two coats of Zaino AIO on my car and that was the end of my bottle. I am looking to apply the WDGPS in early to mid November and was wondering if cold weather (Illinois) would prevent it from fully curing? I do have a heated garage that I will apply it in, but i'm not going to leave the heat on overnight.....

You should be fine with WGDGPS 3.0. Especially if you have a heated garage and can warm things up a little if it is cold.

If you can maintain about 60-65 degrees for a short period (an hour or so), that should be fine. Humidity could be more a hindrance-factor slowing dry times of the Sealant. (In other words it's pouring rain, or snowing outside and relative humidity is high).

All you may have to do, is slightly warm things up to a reasonable temp, apply, then try keeping the garage warm so the product will dry-haze, (do the swipe test on a panel) then remove about 30-45 minutes later, and you should be good. That you won't have to keep the garage toasty warm for hours on end for cure times after removal.

It air cures, and the most important aspect will be to keep the car dry for about a 12 hour minimum after removal.

I have used a number of Zaino products in the past, products like their Z2, and without the accelerator added to them, they can be tricky to use all on their own, that temps and humidity conditions needed to be ideal without Zaino working you on removal (slow dry times)

I have found WGDGPS 3.0 to not be near as finicky as Zaino.

Setec Astronomy
10-07-2015, 09:21 AM
I have used a number of Zaino products in the past, products like their Z2, and without the accelerator added to them, they can be tricky to use all on their own, that temps and humidity conditions needed to be ideal without Zaino working you on removal (slow dry times)

I always found the Zaino sealants ("polishes") to have much better usability with the ZFX. But to amplify your point about the WDGPS, I think all the OP has to do is keep it warm through the wipe-off stage, and then not get any condensation on it like would happen on a cool day when it gets dark.

wn1998
10-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I plan washing and applying the WDGPS in my garage mid day to give it time to cure before I need to drive anywhere. I am hoping that a application in late November will get me through February. (garaged and washed as the weather allows)

Thanks!