PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz finest VS consumer Cquartz

Jomax
10-06-2015, 11:47 PM
I've tried to search but can up empty. I want to coat my truck. I came down to wanting to use Cquartz.

My dilemma is this, should I buy Cquartz and do it myself? Or is Finest that much better where I should hire someone?

It truly sucks regular people can't buy finest....

I guess what I'm asking is, how much better is finest vs the regular version?

TIA!

AutowerxDetailing
10-07-2015, 12:15 AM
As a Finest installer I sometimes struggle to answer the same question from clients...

CQuartz is an amazing product. Basically just read all the claims from the Autogeek or CarPro website. There is no hyperbole or false promises. It simply performs as advertised.

CQuartz Finest takes it to another level offering thicker, more substantial environmental protection, additional gloss, and carries a warranty that covers things like bubbling, cracking, peeling, and even guarantees no more than 20% loss of gloss for at least 2 years. In my experience the coating will last much longer than the warranty with proper care.

CQuartz Finest has some stipulations. It can only be installed on flawless or nearly flawless paint (think +90% defect free). Only authorized installers may install the coating and polishing must occur at time of install to ensure proper bonding (unless special circumstances such as matte paint, etc.). Typically CQuartz Finest will also be IR cured to accelerate cure time and enable the coating to fully harden.

No matter which way you go I think you will be happy with how the coating performs on your vehicle. :dblthumb2:

Roman92
10-07-2015, 12:25 AM
I've done a few cars with the consumer version of Cquartz and I have to say it is very easy to use if you follow the directions regarding the temperature and wipe off times. The gloss is great and durability seems to be holding up strong going on one year.
Both done with consumer version of Cquartz

larry33
10-07-2015, 01:06 AM
I had a long conversation with Corey about that very thing. He really emphasized that the majority of the benefit from Finest is that it lasts longer

Joe@NextLevelDetail
10-07-2015, 01:24 AM
As a Finest installer I sometimes struggle to answer the same question from clients...

CQuartz is an amazing product. Basically just read all the claims from the Autogeek or CarPro website. There is no hyperbole or false promises. It simply performs as advertised.

CQuartz Finest takes it to another level offering thicker, more substantial environmental protection, additional gloss, and carries a warranty that covers things like bubbling, cracking, peeling, and even guarantees no more than 20% loss of gloss for at least 2 years. In my experience the coating will last much longer than the warranty with proper care.

CQuartz Finest has some stipulations. It can only be installed on flawless or nearly flawless paint (think +90% defect free). Only authorized installers may install the coating and polishing must occur at time of install to ensure proper bonding (unless special circumstances such as matte paint, etc.). Typically CQuartz Finest will also be IR cured to accelerate cure time and enable the coating to fully harden.

No matter which way you go I think you will be happy with how the coating performs on your vehicle. :dblthumb2:

How do you get authorized?

FUNX650
10-07-2015, 08:29 AM
If the consumer version of CQuartz is actually
susceptible to bubbling; cracking; peeling;
and, loss of more than 20% of gloss in ~2 years...

Then those would be new bug-a-boos, that
I have never read or heard about, in regards
to this particular CarPro 'Consumer-Coating'.

Bob

AutowerxDetailing
10-07-2015, 09:41 AM
If the consumer version of CQuartz is actually
susceptible to bubbling; cracking; peeling;
and, loss of more than 20% of gloss in ~2 years...

Then those would be new bug-a-boos, that
I have never read or heard about, in regards
to this particular CarPro 'Consumer-Coating'.

Bob

I haven't heard of that happening either. These are just things the warranty covers for CQuartz Finest. Essentially CarPro it's just saying that they guarantee it will still be there, doing its job and looking awesome, for a minimum of 2 years.

Optntdr13
10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
The truth is 5% extra SiO2 content...ie. 70 vs 75 percent. The remainder is as stipulated above.

AutowerxDetailing
10-07-2015, 10:02 AM
The truth is 5% extra SiO2 content...ie. 70 vs 75 percent. The remainder is as stipulated above.

That's not the only difference in ingredients. They are entirely different formulations.

Jomax
10-07-2015, 06:13 PM
How would I get qualified to buy it? I think it's pretty lame only qualified people can buy it.. If they're worried consumers can't do it right. Make us sign a waiver.

VP Mark
10-07-2015, 06:18 PM
How would I get qualified to buy it? I think it's pretty lame only qualified people can buy it.. If they're worried consumers can't do it right. Make us sign a waiver.

They are worried consumers can't do it right. If people were able to purchase it, it would not be exclusive to professionals, and that would lead to improper installs and issues that would damage the reputation of the coating.

That being said, I am not a finest installer and have never been.

Jomax
10-07-2015, 08:26 PM
I think I'll just give Cquartz a shot and put at least 3 coats. Truck is garaged so it should last a long time.

larry33
10-09-2015, 12:37 PM
They also said even if you could prove your ability, it wouldn't be fair to the dealers who are signed up that he made the promise to. So there is some integrity that must be respected. He is staying true to the promises made to the installers that have signed on.

richy
10-09-2015, 01:17 PM
I think I'll just give Cquartz a shot and put at least 3 coats. Truck is garaged so it should last a long time.

I think that's a very reasonable approach and should more than accomplish what you're looking for with 3 coats.