PDA

View Full Version : Safe shampoo for Coated Cars

Hokie335i
10-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Hey all,

So I'm looking for a shampoo for coated cars. I am currently using CarPro Reset but customers are asking me what they can use at home since some of them like to wash their cars themselves. Any other options besides Reset that are safe for coatings?

Thanks!

The Guz
10-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Meguiar's Hyperwash and Adams Car Shampoo work fine on a coated car.

Setec Astronomy
10-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Any other options besides Reset that are safe for coatings?

What is your definition of "safe"; a shampoo that won't remove the coating? Because if regular car wash removes coatings, a lot of us have been wasting our time.

My understanding was that Reset was actually a harsher shampoo, to take advantage of the chemical resistance/durability of coatings, and allow "snow foam" cleaning with less rubbing, etc. and the resultant marring.

Hokie335i
10-06-2015, 07:47 PM
I thought I read somewhere that some shampoos were too acidic and harmed the coating. Maybe not though. I used Reset because I was accidentally sent a bottle from an order on another site so I just started using it when I ran out of my normal shampoo.

dcjredline
10-06-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree that reset would be "WORSE" than a regular shampoo such as Megs gold class or Adams or Mothers etc.

Hokie335i
10-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Good to know. I'll switch back to my normal shampoos then!

Sicoupe
10-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Ready to see some more of your work HOKIE!!:)

Hokie335i
10-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I've been slammed but haven't written up many of the jobs haha. I'm not a photographer so I'm bad about taking pics. Unfortunately had some oral surgery last week so I'm down for a bit.
I'll be sure to post next one I do!

Sicoupe
10-06-2015, 09:28 PM
I've been slammed but haven't written up many of the jobs haha. I'm not a photographer so I'm bad about taking pics. Unfortunately had some oral surgery last week so I'm down for a bit.
I'll be sure to post next one I do!sounds good buddy!:dblthumb2:

SYMAWD
10-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Adam's is my favorite, but any shampoo should be safe for a coating. When my car is really dirty, I'll spray it all down with APC before washing. I'll pretty much put anything on my car, that's why I coated it.

AutowerxDetailing
10-06-2015, 10:19 PM
We've been using a lot of Meguiar's Shampoo Plus. Awesome cleaning power, high lubricity, and rinses away very cleanly.

CarPro Reset is also a great choice for coating maintenance. Primarily because it contains zero gloss enhancers or any other ingredients that could potentially remain on the surface and alter the hydrophobic properties of a coating.

Desertnate
10-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Could the OP be talking about some car washes that include sheeting agents of brand specific waxes/sealants which would interfere with the coating?

I remember Nick mentioning something about "coating safe shampoo" in his intro of the Blackfire coating.