PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on selling my truck

Based
10-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Ok so I have a 2003 F150 Supercrew 4x4 that I bought a couple years ago. I bought it for 7500 USD from a private seller and this was the first car I've ever bought so I had my blinders on. When I bought it it had a dent in the passenger front door, the windshield was cracked, the carpet was stained all over with mud, the seats were torn up but had seat covers over them, and it was keyed all over both sides. I over paid really bad. I got BURNT.

Anyway, I'm trying to sell it but I want some advice. I want to make as much money back as I can and I don't know what I should do.

Should I leave it as is and just sell it? Should I replace the windshield? There is a couple of different suspension noises now as well that I can't figure out what they are. I've checked everything.

Should I even bother to detail it? I have everything needed to do that and I've already washed the carpet as good as I can and got it looking pretty good for a 12 year old truck.

Basically, what would be the most profitable thing(s) to replace, fix, etc. Or should I just leave it and bite the bullet?

dcjredline
10-06-2015, 12:59 PM
You havent replaced the Windshield in 2 years and it passed inspection?

I would say to detail it so it will bring as much as possible. You wont get $500 more for it but if it is worth $5500 you should be much closer to that number than without the shiny paint.

I would also fix the windshield... unless you find someone like you 2 years ago you would be better off fixing things that are obviously wrong.

Look at KBB.com and find the private party values of that truck and price it to the lower end of that for quicker sale or higher end if you can wait a few (5+) months to sell it.

FUNX650
10-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Doesn't sound like there's been a whole lot
done to under your ownership...So, IMO:
•Leave it as it is.
•Ask $5500 for it.
•Accept no lower than $4500 for it.

Bob

Based
10-06-2015, 01:12 PM
You havent replaced the Windshield in 2 years and it passed inspection?

I would say to detail it so it will bring as much as possible. You wont get $500 more for it but if it is worth $5500 you should be much closer to that number than without the shiny paint.

I would also fix the windshield... unless you find someone like you 2 years ago you would be better off fixing things that are obviously wrong.

Look at KBB.com and find the private party values of that truck and price it to the lower end of that for quicker sale or higher end if you can wait a few (5+) months to sell it.
I haven't gotten a brake tag for it since I bought it lol. In Louisiana we really don't have inspections the guy just checks your blinkers and you're good.

Yeah I was thinking $5500 would be a fair price. It's not in great condition but its lifted two inches, has tinted taillights, and a touchscreen radio. All that was on it when I bought it. I know aftermarket parts don't really add value but those are the things that kids like around here and those things are the reason why I bought the truck.