PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the MSDS GG HD wheel cleaner

hegel
10-05-2015, 08:48 PM
I was washing my car this evening. started with the wheels and since i couldn't find my wheel brush i was using an old microfiber towel. well the dust shield on the rear wheel caught on my knuckle and cut about 3/4 length and deep enough that it went through all layers of skin (you know how the knuckles have loose skin above the bone... i went through that). i washed and cleaned with hydrogen peroxide and then super glued the wound shut...

i cannot for the life of me find the msds for the hd wheel cleaner anywhere online. so if anyone has a copy or knows where i can find it i would really appreciate it.

thanks,
Steve

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't ever remember anyone having an MSDS on Griot's products. What is your concern?

hegel
10-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I just want to make sure there isn't anything that will poison me

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Well, I was just looking at an MSDS for a similar product, and it says not to ingest it and to wash hands thoroughly after using. Also to wear gloves and if you get skin irritation to get medical assistance. And if you swallow it to see a dr. if you feel unwell.

Elsewhere it says protection of hands is not required. So I'd say as long as you feel ok, and you don't have any unusual redness or irritation around the cut, you'll be fine.

I'm sure that Autogeek has an MSDS for their own handling of the products, you can call them in the morning and talk to them about it. Griot's also seems to have a 24 hour order line, you could call there, I don't know if they will be able to help you.

AnthonyGXP
10-05-2015, 11:36 PM
I just want to make sure there isn't anything that will poison me

If this was the case, I would be DEAD!

TheAverageMan
10-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Superglueing the cut shut. Man, that sounds hardcore. I'm a nurse, so I know a bit.

Did you at least put neosporin or a antibiotic cream on it before sealing it?

If not, then at least put it around the area. You're not gonna die from the chemical, since it was just a cut, and it can't exactly enter the blood stream in enough quantity to kill you.

What you should be worried about is a possible infection, and losing a finger. We had a patient one time, got bit by a small fish. Didn't treat it well. Long story short, he lost his index finger.

If it starts turning red, pus coming out, or just the common sense bad stuff, see a doctor, get some antibiotics.

Firehouse Mike
10-06-2015, 01:29 AM
You need to contact Griots directly, they will email you a PDF....Customer Service - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/customer+service.do)
:xyxthumbs:
Mike