PDA

View Full Version : Wax "sweat" and brake dust; a warning

Desertnate
10-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Maybe I'm a slow leaner, but hopefully my mistakes will be a warning to others.

I applied 845 to my entire car last weekend, to include the wheels. I've done this several times over the last few years and have a pretty good process locked in...until this time.

Apparently, I applied the 845 a little too heavy, and like others here have reported it will sweat, or haze up once left in the sun. Typically on the body of the car, this isn't that big of a deal to correct. However, I've discovered that haze is really good at trapping brake dust. My wheels are a dark silver/light gray so the only way I noticed the problem was the wheels getting dirtier faster and staring to turn black from braked dust which isn't normal for this car.

The good news in this story is a quick session with some Pinnacle Waterless Wash cleaned everything up quite nicely.

On another note, I somehow managed to apply the 845 a little to think to places on the car itself which also hazed up. Again, the Pinnacle Waterless Wash did the trick. This is the first time I've used the product as a waterless wash and been happy with the results. The car was only mildly dusty, I used a light mist of the product, and I buffed it out right way. The results look amazing and I didn't have any marring thing time.

shagnat
10-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I really like that PWW also.

Eandras
10-07-2015, 07:00 PM
With Colinite 845. Thin is in. Multiple light coats will yield great results. On my rims i use PoorBoys World wheel sealant. I have to remember to add to my cart. Almost out

Ed