PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washed my carpet, looks the same

Based
10-04-2015, 01:16 PM
How is it possible that even after I take my carpet out and pressure wash it it still looks the same?

So much stuff came off when washing it and then vacuuming it so much dirty water is in my vacuum now but it still looks the same...!

Should I just put the carpet back in when it dries or is there something else I can do? It has what I think are mud stains where the front driver and passenger feet go.

jrs1418
10-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Sometimes stains just wont come out no matter what you do (besides dyeing).

I tell my customers that if you wore a white shirt, stomped on it with dirty shoes, spilled juice and fruit punch on it, and wore it around everyday for 3 years.. you wouldnt be able to just throw it in the wash and it look brand new.

It depends on what the stain is, the fabric its on, how long its been on, and if there was any protectant on the fabric to begin with.

Detail-Impressions
10-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I would first try Folex, to see if you can lift some of the stains.

Based
10-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I tried folex already it didn't do anything. And yeah these stains have been on the carpet for at least 3 years, since I bought the truck. I guess it's too late :(

MikeLW
10-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I tried folex already it didn't do anything. And yeah these stains have been on the carpet for at least 3 years, since I bought the truck. I guess it's too late :(

Believe it or not you can paint carpet. Car flippers do it all the time, and to be truthful it is pretty effective as a last resort.

Eandras
10-04-2015, 01:53 PM
You might want to try some tide laundry detergent. Wet the carpet and apply some liquid tide brush it in and let it dwell. Rinse and redo. You final step you could power wash

Ed

AttyVette
10-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Don't know but what about using a steamer on the carpet? I've ordered a Dupray steamer and hope to try it out on my Trailblazers 13 year old carpet with various carpet stains..

Based
10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Well it's been hanging out to drip dry for about 3 hours now and it does look a bit better. I'm gonna get it back in the truck in about an hour and see how it looks. If I had more time today I'd paint the carpet but I don't. The big area of stain actually bled through the carpet into the insulation on the back of the carpet. I might just rip it off because it does smell sometimes.

blkSRT
10-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Since you already have the carpet out you might want to look into a replacement.

Based
10-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Since you already have the carpet out you might want to look into a replacement.

Yeah I can get a replacement carpet for $140 but I'm just trying to spiff up the truck a little so I can sell it easier. I might get a new carpet might not.

vanev
10-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Give LA Awesome a try.
https://www.lastotallyawesome.com/shop/all-purpose/awesome-all-purpose-concentrated-cleaner-128oz/