PDA

View Full Version : Paint correction: Truck cap/topper

switner
10-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Trying to remove swirls from a fiberglass truck cap. Can I treat this like regular automotive paint or is fiberglass painted differently? I would be using Menz products with a Flex 3401 and hydrotech pads.

AutowerxDetailing
10-03-2015, 11:24 PM
You should be able to polish this area just like the rest of the vehicle. Try a small test spot to make sure your polishing efforts yield the results you want before going over the entire thing.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Yes you can treat it just like the paint on the truck.

Start off with the tangerine pad and SF4000 for your test spot.

11Silverado
10-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Please post an update on how you went about this and maybe some pictures if possible. I too have a fiberglass bed cover that has some minor swirls in it.

switner
10-04-2015, 07:09 PM
You should be able to polish this area just like the rest of the vehicle. Try a small test spot to make sure your polishing efforts yield the results you want before going over the entire thing.

Yes you can treat it just like the paint on the truck.

Start off with the tangerine pad and SF4000 for your test spot.

Alright thanks for the advice. Can't wait till it stops raining! (which will probably be never)

switner
10-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Please post an update on how you went about this and maybe some pictures if possible. I too have a fiberglass bed cover that has some minor swirls in it.

Will do. I'll probably get to it next weekend.

david b
10-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes, please let us know how you went about this. I have some swirls in a truck topper as well. Was wondering if I should remove the topper from the truck before working on it...easier at ground level.