PDA

View Full Version : questions with paint coating system.

choijw2
09-29-2015, 03:23 PM
I have never done paint coating and looking into learn how to do this properly.

Applying paint coating seems pretty straight forward but have couple questions with maintaining after paint coated...

my questions are...
1. how to remove swirl and other minor defects after paint coating? I believe polishing will remove existing paint coating..
should I re-coat it after remove swirls?

2. how to maintain the car after paint coated?
can I wax/ sealant after each wash? or add more paint coats on top of it ... maybe once a year?

any other tips would be great!!

GSKR
09-29-2015, 04:38 PM
if this is you're first rodeo on coating they seem straight forward on videos they can pose a problem,I suggest black fire coating its dummy proof ,a breeze to apply and remove,I've even coated some cars outside in the blazing heat.As far as scratches just polish them out,strip with eraser from car pro and reapply.

choijw2
09-29-2015, 05:55 PM
is it okay to wax or sealant on top of paint coating?

GSKR
09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Why would you wanna do that,the whole principle of a coating is to be pretty much maintenance free,not for ever on black fire u would maybe get a year ,If ur looking for depth just use a spray wax or reload from car pro ,it also depends on how do u wash the car.

GSKR
09-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Or call ag and ask them what booster will work on top of blackfire just to be sure

glfnaz
09-29-2015, 06:23 PM
You want to do all of your paint correction and polishing before you apply a coating.

After you compound and polish, preferably with a DA Polisher, you should use a prep solution to be sure and remove all of the polishing oils from the paint. This will allow the coating to bond properly.

A lot of people will use a wax on top of a coating, but probably not most. If you do, use one that does not have any cleaner capabilities as that might remove the coating and be sure to allow the coating to fully cure first.

choijw2
09-29-2015, 06:44 PM
So i guess....
if I see swirl makrs after paint coating, and IF i want to get rid of them, I should strip down that section and redo the whole process...