PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitt Use

SilverRings
09-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Hello guys. I've been doing some research online on different forums about this product. Seems like it's saving people a lot of time over the normal clay bars and it's easier to use.

I can't seem to find a good consensus on if the Fine Mitt will cause any marring on the paint, or really how to use the product correctly.

Are the correct steps this?
1. Wash the car with regular methods. (Do you dry before moving to next step?)
2. Dry?
3. Use clay spray lube with Fine Mitt to perform decontaminate
4. Re-wash the car

Can you wash the car with Nanoskin Bubble solution, with the fine mitt and expect good decontamination during a regular wash? Wouldn't you want to wash the car first, to get dust/dirt off, then do the Nanoskin?

Do you all have just as smooth end results as using traditional clay?

Last but not least, what should I avoid doing with the Autoscrub mitt that may cause a problem with paint?

Thanks for the info. If there isn't a good how-to for Nanoskin, this thread may help.

pheerix
09-29-2015, 10:52 AM
I haven't used Nanoskin but from what I've read you can expect marring but most people don't really care because they're going to polish anyway. If you're not going to polish just be extra careful and be aware there might be marring depending on how soft your paint is. If you're concerned just do a Iron-X treatment it'll get the harmful iron contaminants out at least.

AnthonyGXP
09-29-2015, 11:42 AM
I've been using the Nanoskin Fine Mitt for awhile now, and haven't noticed any extra marring compared to traditional clay.

My method:

1. Wash Vehicle (Traditional 2BM, Rinseless, or Waterless)
2. I do not dry, but move directly to Iron X or comparable product
3.Rinse EXTREMELY WELL! after Iron X treatment
4.Now at this point I will use the Nanoskin Fine Mitt with a bucket of rinseless wash or spray bottle of lube. Some people choose to use regular car wash soap in a bucket, which should be fine as well.
5. Dry vehicle and move on to polishing if needed/LSP of choice.

zmcgovern45
09-29-2015, 12:09 PM
It may not happen on every single vehicle, but in general I do not recommend using these synthetic clays unless you are going to be polishing afterwards.

We have switched almost exclusively to nanoskin & speedy prep towels as it is MUCH faster than traditional clay. I have noticed marring on the majority of vehicles, but this is easily removed with a light polish. So, if your plan is to polish a vehicle, these would be a great choice. If you're just doing routine maintenance decon, then I would stick to fine grade clay.

Just my $.02

-Zach

SilverRings
09-30-2015, 12:46 PM
It may not happen on every single vehicle, but in general I do not recommend using these synthetic clays unless you are going to be polishing afterwards.

We have switched almost exclusively to nanoskin & speedy prep towels as it is MUCH faster than traditional clay. I have noticed marring on the majority of vehicles, but this is easily removed with a light polish. So, if your plan is to polish a vehicle, these would be a great choice. If you're just doing routine maintenance decon, then I would stick to fine grade clay.

Just my $.02

-Zach

Thanks. This was exactly what I was looking for and what I had thought. With a regular fine clay, I won't have to polish when I don't need to.

DetailKitty
09-30-2015, 01:46 PM
I've been using the Nanoskin Fine Mitt for awhile now, and haven't noticed any extra marring compared to traditional clay.

My method:

4.Now at this point I will use the Nanoskin Fine Mitt with a bucket of rinseless wash or spray bottle of lube. Some people choose to use regular car wash soap in a bucket, which should be fine as well.

+1 to all of this :dblthumb2:

KMdef9
10-02-2015, 08:58 AM

My method:

Per Carpros instructions, when using iron x, your suppose to apply to a dry car.