PDA

View Full Version : Gripping wheel woolies.

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
09-29-2015, 05:11 AM
So I purchased 1 of these ( moneys to tight to buy set of 3) I'm having a problem with gripping this thing when it gets wet. Anyone have similar issues with some solutions please. Thanks Steve

JSFM35x
09-29-2015, 06:18 AM
I don't, but I am usually wearing nitrile gloves perhaps that helps.

You could always get some tennis racket grip tape or similar tape to help with your grip.

DogRescuer
09-29-2015, 07:02 AM
I don't, but I am usually wearing nitrile gloves perhaps that helps.

You could always get some tennis racket grip tape or similar tape to help with your grip.

Thanks, that helps even when wet?

Pats300zx
09-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks, that helps even when wet?

It should help. It's designed to grip even with sweaty hands.

Paul A.
09-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Yes, i agree. One of my neighbors is an intense racketball player and recently got some of that racket grip tape to combat his sweaty hands. He loves the stuff so i bet it would work for wet hands from washing wheels!

Jaretr1
09-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Hmm, thats interesting. I have never noticed an issue gripping my wheel woolie.

However, everyone above is correct, any racket over grip will work.

I am also thinking you could try dipping it in plastidip to give the handle a rubberized coating.

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2015, 08:44 AM
I've been thinking about this too, although as JSF says, the gloves help, from an ergonomic standpoint the handles are too small a diameter, too round and too slippery. I understand they are that way as part of the production process.

I'm looking for some sort of slip-on tool grip right now but it's driving me bananas.

Legacykid
09-29-2015, 09:10 AM
What are you cleaning your wheels with?

What I have found is when i use regular car soap to clean wheels ( no gloves) i have grip. But when I clean a dirty wheel and I use a certain CG cleaner, it gets a little slimy and I have no grip unless I wear the gloves.

Should be using gloves anyway, as they say if its on you its in you.

DogRescuer
09-29-2015, 12:56 PM
What are you cleaning your wheels with?

What I have found is when i use regular car soap to clean wheels ( no gloves) i have grip. But when I clean a dirty wheel and I use a certain CG cleaner, it gets a little slimy and I have no grip unless I wear the gloves.

Should be using gloves anyway, as they say if its on you its in you.

Im using apc but thanks

Rsurfer
09-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Just file some X's on the handle.

AnthonyGXP
09-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Wrap the handles with blue painters tape if you want to remove later, or Gorilla tape for a more permanent fix.

AnthonyGXP
09-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Might also find a roll of tennis racket of badminton grip tape to apply.

TRDTACO
09-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Ive never used wheel woolies but if the handles are the approximate size of an arrow for archery they make an arrow puller that fits over the arrow and gives you a grip when pulling the arrows out of the target. I bet if it fit it would be perfect for that, it's a round hard rubber material with a slit in the side. Just google arrow puller.

GSKR
09-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Or take a scuff pad to the handle a roughened them up and use rubber gloves.or use a pressure washer and toss them in the garbage ,I can't remember the last time I ever bent down to manually clean a rim

Finemess
09-29-2015, 05:57 PM
I wonder what a few wraps of electrical tape would do?