PDA

View Full Version : Pooboy's APC...what do you use it for?

skenzer
09-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone,

This product is a bit confusing to me. The reason why I say that is because PB seems to give very little information regarding it, either on the label or on their website.

What do you guys use APC for? and what dilution rate are you using it at?

I used it the other day to do some underbody cleaning and it did a pretty good job. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the smell though...but that's not too big of a deal.

thanks
Brad

budman3
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
APC stands for All Purpose Cleaner. So it cleans everything pretty much. You can dilute it down to wash wheels, tires, trim, wheel wells, engines, carpet, vinyl, plastics, etc. The limits are endless if you have enough bottles to do different dilutions. I would recommend 5:1 for very dirty tires or greasy engines, 10:1-15:1 for wheels and wheel wells and vinyl, carpets, interior work, anything really. I have even heard the owner of PB say to use it at 100:1 for glass cleaning...

wytstang
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I use a 10:1 ratio for some carpet cleaning and tire cleaning (dilute it more for cleaning the dash, door panels, ect,ect). I haven't used it for engine work yet but I will soon and using it full strength.

skenzer
09-21-2007, 11:31 AM
APC stands for All Purpose Cleaner. So it cleans everything pretty much. You can dilute it down to wash wheels, tires, trim, wheel wells, engines, carpet, vinyl, plastics, etc. The limits are endless if you have enough bottles to do different dilutions. I would recommend 5:1 for very dirty tires or greasy engines, 10:1-15:1 for wheels and wheel wells and vinyl, carpets, interior work, anything really. I have even heard the owner of PB say to use it at 100:1 for glass cleaning...

Thanks Budman...

So even at 5:1 it still sounds like it's a strong cleaner. I've used Simple Green a lot in the past and still love it. I'll have to see if PB's APC can outclean Simple Green!
thanks
Brad

scottgt
09-21-2007, 11:50 AM
i use apc on door pannels that are really dirty...when you can see all the black crap from peoples hands and stuff...spray it all over the door pannel and scrub with a brush...gets it nice and clean....dont use it to clean windows tho...no bueno

budman3
09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Budman...

So even at 5:1 it still sounds like it's a strong cleaner. I've used Simple Green a lot in the past and still love it. I'll have to see if PB's APC can outclean Simple Green!
thanks
Brad

Simple Green is a great cleaner but sometimes it is too great. Simple Green can stain metal, especially bare aluminum if you are not careful. So to be extra cautious, I have taken it out of my arsenal.

skenzer
09-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Simple Green is a great cleaner but sometimes it is too great. Simple Green can stain metal, especially bare aluminum if you are not careful. So to be extra cautious, I have taken it out of my arsenal.

All together or just for the cars? I'm glad you mentioned the staining issue though..I haven't run into that but sure wouldn't want to either!
Have you tried any other cleaner that you like? I know you're really knowledgeable on the PB's lineup but was curious if you had any experience with P21S? or any other apc's out there?

thanks again Budman
Brad

FMINUS
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I have it too, I have yet to use it myself. Kind of pricey for all the other APCs degreasers that are available.

My fav 2 APCS right now are DG Citrus and P21S TAW

skenzer
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I have it too, I have yet to use it myself. Kind of pricey for all the other APCs degreasers that are available.

My fav 2 APCS right now are DG Citrus and P21S TAW

I seem to be in the same boat as you are. I'm thinking that for the price I just don't think it's worth it But it can be diluted down so it may not be too bad.
I tried that P21S as well and I thought it did a great job on cleaning the engine. I think that stuff is expensive too for what you get.

Do you feel the DG Citrus is just as good as the P21S?

Brad

FMINUS
09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I seem to be in the same boat as you are. I'm thinking that for the price I just don't think it's worth it But it can be diluted down so it may not be too bad.
I tried that P21S as well and I thought it did a great job on cleaning the engine. I think that stuff is expensive too for what you get.

Do you feel the DG Citrus is just as good as the P21S?

Brad

Its hard to do a direct comparison, but for the price, its definatly better.
My wife loves it too.

skenzer
09-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Its hard to do a direct comparison, but for the price, its definatly better.
My wife loves it too.

Cool, thanks for the info. Just to make sure I'm on the same page as you...by DG you mean Duragloss, correct?

Pauly6401
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I like Meg's APC - that seems to work really well at 10:1. Also, I bought some Simple Green "Automotive" from Autozone or somewhere at one time. I think it's toned back some so it's safe for use all over your car, even the paint to remove bugs and things. I haven't seen it lately, but then I don't really look.