PDA

View Full Version : VW Touareg

PeTrol42
09-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has cleaned the interior of a VW Touareg. I have to clean one soon and my client told me the interior was pleather which I'm assuming is plastic leather. My main question is do I use regular leather cleaner and conditioner on the pleather seats? I have the Lexol cleaner and conditioner and was wondering if this was the way to go as far as cleaning the seats or should I use a product like DP Total Interior Cleaner on the pleather and then use a vinyl or plastic protectant such as Mother's Protectant?

klumzypinoy
09-21-2007, 03:33 AM
Never had experience with pleather :o

pirex
09-21-2007, 04:04 AM
I think he most have ment leather seats. I have seen many touaregs, and they have normal leather seats! Go for your lexol cleaner and conditioner!

PeTrol42
09-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Hey pirex, I should've done this before I posted but I just checked out the VW website and the Touareg V6's interior is upholstered in what they call letherette. So I'm assuming that letherette is pleather so I pose the question again. Should I use the Lexol or just an interior cleaner on the "letherette"?

supercharged
09-23-2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Hey pirex, I should've done this before I posted but I just checked out the VW website and the Touareg V6's interior is upholstered in what they call letherette. So I'm assuming that letherette is pleather so I pose the question again. Should I use the Lexol or just an interior cleaner on the "letherette"?
even if it is leatherette, you can still use leather products without any harm.

pirex
09-23-2007, 05:07 AM
even if it is leatherette, you can still use leather products without any harm.

:iagree::goodpost:

PeTrol42
09-24-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks guys, Lexol it is!