PDA

View Full Version : Lexol or Duragloss?

sshazam
09-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Hello all,

I'm looking for a leather cleaner and conditioner for coated leather. I'm thinking of either going Lexol or Duragloss but i'm open to other suggestions ?

blown03
09-27-2015, 04:55 AM
I really like DG 221 , the smell is intoxicating , leather conditioners should smell like leather if they have any scent at all IMHO . I found Lexol to leave the surface tacky to the touch . I say try the DG , besides the nice Wilson leather smell , it dries to touch , not greasy or sticky, and leaves a nice sheen .

ski2
09-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Optimum Leather Protectant was designed for coated leather and vinyl. Provides a lite cleaning and protection and really easy to use since you can do both the leather and vinyl.

Optimum Protectant Plus offers complete protection for interior leather, vinyl, plastic & rubber dressing. vinyl and rubber dressing, vinyl (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html)

davidc
09-27-2015, 06:54 AM
There is also Collinite 855

Dave

DogRescuer
09-27-2015, 07:24 AM
I prefer using seperate products for cleaning and conditioning leather/ I'm currently using 1z to clean ( be careful do no let dwell)and I use a conditioner from a competitor.

sshazam
09-27-2015, 07:26 AM
I prefer using seperate products for cleaning and conditioning leather/ I'm currently using 1z to clean ( be careful do no let dwell)and I use a conditioner from a competitor.

Which 1z product are you using and what do you mean by letting it dwell ?

Would using an APC and then finishing it off with 1z Lederpflege be okay ?
The leather is in good condition but just dirty.

PA DETAILER
09-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

Been using this on the xterra since new. OUTSTANDING product. And i like the fact it is a AIO. Saves from buying 2 seperate products. And the scent is pure leather.

Ricorocks
09-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Leatherique

sshazam
09-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Leatherique

The car has bonded leather though.

FUNX650
09-27-2015, 11:11 AM
The car has bonded leather though.
New "type-of-leather" nomenclature? :confused:

Regardless:
I suggest the following kit;
(it's what I use):

Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

DogRescuer
09-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Which 1z product are you using and what do you mean by letting it dwell ?

Would using an APC and then finishing it off with 1z Lederpflege be okay ?
The leather is in good condition but just dirty.
Id start with a 1;10 apc getting stronger from there, but not letting a product sit on whatever your working ie leather is not letting it dwell.

HateSwirls
09-27-2015, 03:34 PM
I now use Blue Magic Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

The stuff is cheap but works very well I must say.
We keep bottles of it in our shop.

Check it out at Auto-Zone

PA DETAILER
09-27-2015, 05:40 PM
I now use Blue Magic Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

The stuff is cheap but works very well I must say.
We keep bottles of it in our shop.

Check it out at Auto-Zone

Did see this and wondered about it....

SonOfOC
09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Lexol is almost useless. Definitely one of the lowest performing product I ever bought. Cleaner isn't great and the protectant leaves leather sticky.