PDA

View Full Version : Looking to pick up a new Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

wn1998
09-26-2015, 07:31 PM
I am looking for a sealant for my 2014 silver Jetta and 2009 Nissan Versa. Both cars are garaged at night. I typically do a full wash, clay, polish and sealant 1x a year (spring) but also reapply a sealant 2-3 times per year.

1. Must be easy on and easy off. I want something that will come off the car like butter and won't stain trim.
2. It must be able to hold up to hot and humid Chicago Summers and Salty Winters (cars are washed on average 2x a month and a quick wax is used when drying).

I'm not really concerned with "the best shine" as I am more concerned with protection more than anything else.

My most recent sealant was Blackfire Wet Diamond but my 3 year old bottle has separated, so it's time for something else.

Thanks for your help!

Ebg18t
09-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Have you considered a coating vs doing the sealant?

wn1998
09-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Have you considered a coating vs doing the sealant?

Thought about it but I think in the end, I would always worry that it had "worn off". I would consider it when my wife gets rid of her versa as she doesn't give a #### about her car! I'm the one that always has to run it to get washed. :)

custmsprty
09-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Wolfgang 3.0 is an exceptional product, excellent longevity.

A lot of people like Finish Kare:

Bobs awesome Vette I believe sports this and it looks amazing!

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

And then you have Collinite too:

Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite.html)

wn1998
09-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Wolfgang 3.0 is an exceptional product, excellent longevity.

A lot of people like Finish Kare:

Bobs awesome Vette I believe sports this and it looks amazing!

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

And then you have Collinite too:

Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite.html)

Those were three I was thinking about. I have heard that in humid application conditions the FK1000p can give you some trouble buffing off. I also don't like that the Wolfgang 3.0 has to cure for 12 hours. I think they say don't apply at night as dew in the morning may prevent it from fully curing. I would always worry about that......

mcate
09-26-2015, 08:03 PM
I use Menzerna Power Lock & Wolfgang DGPS. Menzerna is my favorite.

GSKR
09-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Fourstar paint sealant u can sneez on the hood that's how easy it come off Wolfgang is easy as well,but doesn't come close to slickness feel

jms493
09-26-2015, 08:14 PM
I hear good things about powerlock. HD Poxy and Megs Sealant is good. They work best if u have a clean surface and let it cure to the paint before getting it wet.

The Guz
09-26-2015, 08:15 PM
There are quite a few good options.

How about

Sonax Polymer Net Shield - seems to be a favorite here.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - won't stain trim and works great with D156 or Ultimate Quik Wax

Meguiar's Paint Protect 365 - supposed to last 52 washes or up to a year. Won't stain trim. It's a little harder to remove than ultimate wax. I had it for 4 months on one area and it was doing good.

These are sold on AGO and I know it's frowned upon to even mention these. I've used both and they work very well

Americana Car Care Ameriseal
Adams Liquid Paint Sealant

dlc95
09-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Duragloss 111 is fantastic, as is Meguiar's M21. They hold up well, and resist dust and dirt accumulation better than some of the others I've used. Meguiar's Ultimate Wax is nice too. Lots of great products out there.

DaveT435
09-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus. wowa

GSKR
09-26-2015, 09:33 PM
I bought that product and tossed it .

vobro
09-26-2015, 09:41 PM
All my vehicles are coated now but before that I used DG 111,Meg's M21 ,ULW and Collinite 476. All performed the same which is just ok, the last two winters here were just brutal and it is a lot to ask a sealant to last 4-5 months when your not able to wash at least once a week. A coated car is so much easier to clean,resists salt better and I'm glad I did it. The Collinite was the best of the sealants I used but you must apply thin

custmsprty
09-26-2015, 09:51 PM
I bought that product and tossed it .

:iagree::dblthumb2: So did I.

Mask
09-26-2015, 10:07 PM
1. Must be easy on and easy off. I want something that will come off the car like butter and won't stain trim.
2. It must be able to hold up to hot and humid Chicago Summers and Salty Winters (cars are washed on average 2x a month and a quick wax is used when drying).

I'm not really concerned with "the best shine" as I am more concerned with protection more than anything else.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

also can be use when drying ;)