PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Las Vegas (Black Honda Accord)

redstarstring
09-26-2015, 12:08 PM
I just bought a new 2016 Honda Accord Touring with black exterior / black leather interior.

I've spent many hours reading articles and threads and admit, I'm on information overload.

Looking to buy a car care kit and looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

GSKR
09-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Easy create you're own start with a quality car wash soap using methods like wash from top and leaving the bottoms for last. You're car wash method will dictate on how to keep you're finish swirl free.next buy good plush micros from autogeek for drying or patting the finish as u dry.next collinite waxes will give you the best protection be sides a coating. Also buy a non caustic rim cleaner . Glass stoners invisible if you want to spray wax in between washes.When it comes to spray wax there not created equal some are oily hard to remove,some are milky colored stay away from that it will take you all day to do .I personally would use reload from car pro a little oily but worth the effort you can diluted a little with water.Tire dressing get hyper from meguairs ,u can get a gallon and adjust the sheen you're looking for,as a bonus it can be applied on the interior as well.Personally I try to keep my interior of new cars untouched until it needs some life put back into it,cause once you do it you will married to application all the time,I simply mist stoners glass cleaner on a towel and wipe the interior down.As some of u don't know stoners is intended for glass ,but it cleans dirty leather really good,I use it especially on dirty steering wheels,just spray 1 to 2 min dwell time no scrubbing just wipe with no residue or sticking gummy feeling.When you detail everyday in this profession u will find safe shortcuts.

MikeLW
09-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I just bought a new 2016 Honda Accord Touring with black exterior / black leather interior.

I've spent many hours reading articles and threads and admit, I'm on information overload.

Looking to buy a car care kit and looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

First of all welcome to the forum! Autogeek is a great place to get your feet wet learning about how to care for your car's appearance and condition. You are already ahead of the game by having a vehicle that is originally owned by you! Someone who cares about it! Any of the items offered on autogeek are first class. After all this website is owned and operated by a company that cares about cars as much as we all do! There are a lot of specialized products here on AG, but I think the best place to start is with the basics. Car wash soap, interior/exterior cleaners, glass cleaner, UV protectant, rubber tire care, wax, etc.. When looking for a brand look for products that are easy to use and are specific to the job. I like to use Mothers for most of my car conditioning simply by the fact that they make products that work well and are easy to use. Browse around, ask a lot of questions, and be informed. And most of all have fun!

CHEERS!

Kamakaz1961
09-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Welcome to AGO. You will learn quite a bit from this site. AGO sells quite a bit of products to choose and they are all top-notch.

You will get many opinions and use the ones you like and learn. The How-to Videos are excellent learning tools and IMO get Mike Phillips Book on How to Make a Show Car Shine. That alone will be your bible.

Nice color for your Honda!

custmsprty
09-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Welcome!

I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow for the Pack Expo show for a couple days.

WT Taggart
09-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Welcome to AGO from New Jersey...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

GS2011
09-28-2015, 11:32 AM
:welcome:

Pats300zx
09-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome to AGO !!!

Jaretr1
09-28-2015, 03:45 PM
From one Accord owner to another, Welcome!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG2667.jpg