PDA

View Full Version : 1990 E30 BMW single stage red paint sealant

Linneo
09-26-2015, 08:15 AM
I will start working on my recently found 1990 E30 BMW 318i Touring in Birillantrot.
It has a single stage red, quite neglected. But after reading Mike's articles and other user's threads, I've managed to get very good results on a test spot.
My doubt is about the sealant.
This paint seems to be really soft. I have inflected some swirls too easily with a clean microfiber wile cleaning my test spot for inspection even with quick detailer.

I have Sonax Nano Paint Protect sealant. Would it be a good option for this single stage paint?

Some people like to apply a finishing wax before the sealant. Is it a good idea for this paint?

Goin Rogue
09-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Hydro2 is a no touch sealant, just spray it on a wet car then blast it off with water! Should give you ~3mo of protection.

Linneo
10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Thank you Goin Rogue.
But I can't find Hydro2 in Argentina.
Anyway, when I said that this paint is very soft and very easy to scratch, I didn't meant that I was looking for a sealant that doesn't need to be wiped on/ wiped off.
What I wonder is what sealant would best protect a soft single stage paint from UV and swirls/scratches.
I think a "hard" sealant would be better for a soft paint, but I'm not sure.
Today a was given a sample of 3D HD Poxy, but I don't know how it will protect the paint from swirls and scratches.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks!