PDA

View Full Version : Efficiency Tips for the Apt Living

brothercheese
09-24-2015, 07:44 PM
I currently live in an apt complex and have access to a single garage. I just bought a new black car that is heavily spider-webbed and will need correction, clear bra removal and some small touch ups. From there, it'll need a new clear bra and tint.

Unfortunately, once I finish the car, it'll have to go back outside.

What is the most effective way for me to accomplish all of this in the least amount of time? I know I will have to break into segments, so I imagine I will have to wash the cars multiple times over the course of say, 2 weeks.

This is a rough plan:
Weekend 1 - wash car, de-iron, steam off clear bra, clay, correction, touch up paint, wax?

Weekend 2 - rewash, polish, wax, clearbra and tint appt, wax clearbra?

Also, how do you guys take care of the wheel wells and polishing and deep cleaning the wheels living in a an apt complex? Should I just bite the bullet and have a detailer take care of it for me?

Coopers ST
09-24-2015, 08:03 PM
If you want more than a just clean car, I would have it coated, then do a rinseless wash like ONR. You can keep one bucket with a gamma seal lid full of solution, and do a quick wash every week.

brothercheese
09-25-2015, 04:43 PM
If you want more than a just clean car, I would have it coated, then do a rinseless wash like ONR. You can keep one bucket with a gamma seal lid full of solution, and do a quick wash every week.

I am looking at sealants vs wax and am leaning towards Cquartz at the moment. More research needs to be done.

Is it recommended to apply sealant over a new clearbra?