PDA

View Full Version : Original Single Stage Paint - Before and After

65vw
09-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I used a Flex3401 and a GG 3.5" orbital polisher with Orange, White, and Blue LC pads using Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, and Pinnacle Sovereign liquid wax.

I spent several days working on the Notchback and had not yet read about the Meguires #7 and original single stage paint.

My orange pads with the advanced swirl remover and even my white pads with the finishing polish both had a good amount of removed paint. I did use a towel to clean the paint off the pads.

I had posted in another thread asking about Pinnacle Advanced Cleaner product as I was going to use it as the last step before the wax.

I did not apply the cleaner and went right to wax as was recommended and the wax alone did provide the smooth wet/shiny look I wanted.

I left the wax on for a few hours before I easily removed it.

So far this was the 6th time I machine polished and the 3rd time I machine polished correctly following the accepted guidelines and steps.

The Red Bug was my most improved work, but the Notch turned out well too.

I am still figuring out photo resizing and uploading but below is a Before, After and close up of the fender. Not much sun outside that day.

davey g-force
09-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Well done, looks good! :xyxthumbs

Sizzle Chest
09-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Very nice! Good work there!

DeansDetailing
09-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Looks beautiful...and awesome color!

Shark Politur
09-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Everything came out very nice for you in the end, blue looks radiant & car was nicely repainted before, Type 3 looks like just out of Wolfsburg factory in the 60's, are you posting this message from 1965?

To upload pictures use this Easy Thumbnails | Fookes Software (http://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails)

TFTADetail
09-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Everything came out very nice for you in the end, blue looks radiant & car was nicely repainted before, Type 3 looks like just out of Wolfsburg factory in the 60's, are you posting this message from 1965?

To upload pictures use this Easy Thumbnails | Fookes Software (http://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails)

LOL ........ the Testarossa in the background was WAAYY ahead of its time then.

Yes, I know you were kidding with your comment. :props:

65vw
09-22-2015, 10:48 AM

Thanks!
That is my goal.

I like stock and original cars and making them look as good and often better than when they left the factory is my thing.

A car is only original once and when a change is made that cannot be undone, the originality is gone.

The Red Bug I posted before and after pictures of is a example of a stock/vintage car that the previous owner made the mistake of painting Porsche Red.
Except for the red color and aftermarket seat covers, everything else in that Bug is stock original. Even the cardboard wire cover and uncracked steering wheel and all rubber parts.