PDA

View Full Version : Polish running rails?

scooterguitar
06-21-2006, 08:08 AM
My Durango has those running boards, ya know round bars that hang low, I think they're brushed aluminum (tell you know what I know about cars, but ask me abotu bikes!). Can I use my pc to polish these up? I was going to use an agressive pad with some heavy duty metal polish. Forst of all, if I totally clean the pads afterwards, no chance of the gritty polish staying in there, right? Or should I use my white pad that came with the pc to be safe?

BILL
06-21-2006, 08:35 AM
My Durango has those running boards, ya know round bars that hang low, I think they're brushed aluminum (tell you know what I know about cars, but ask me abotu bikes!). Can I use my pc to polish these up? I was going to use an agressive pad with some heavy duty metal polish. Forst of all, if I totally clean the pads afterwards, no chance of the gritty polish staying in there, right? Or should I use my white pad that came with the pc to be safe?

I "d try being safe first..........be careful with those;)

BritOn2wheels
06-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Scooter,
Those round running boards (rails) are usually Chrome plated Steel or polished Stainless, depending on the manufacturer.

Try Never-Dull, I know you've got some if you are a biker. :cheers:

3Dog
06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Luster Lace is the fastest and most effective that I have found

scooterguitar
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
These are bad bad,.
I used a HD strip (no chemical) and TW, ranove rit. Then used TW and white pad went to work. Finished up with Simichrome, turned out pretty darn good!