PDA

View Full Version : Removing water spots from 1-step paint.

Ivan F Hagar
09-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi!

A friend of mine just gave me a call, he owns a garage and asked me to remove some water spot marks from an old Opel.

I haven't inspected the vehicle myself yet, but from what he's told me (old car, left in the backyard for years) it seems like it could be type 2-3 water marks. Unfortunately it's up for delivery tomorrow afternoon, so I'll just have to inspect and work tomorrow morning, & the main issue at hand is I won't get a DA polisher until a few more days.

I'm a little afraid of using my rotary on this tbh, what are your opinions?

Detailing by M
09-22-2015, 01:03 PM
The best way I've found to remove water spots is by using a sulfuric acid based product. The product I'm currently using is Mark V Splash.
It's a very safe and easy way to remove the mineral on the paint, plastic, glass, rubber or anything.

Then you polish out the etching. Don't confuse etching with water spots.

Ivan F Hagar
09-30-2015, 09:10 AM
The best way I've found to remove water spots is by using a sulfuric acid based product. The product I'm currently using is Mark V Splash.
It's a very safe and easy way to remove the mineral on the paint, plastic, glass, rubber or anything.

Then you polish out the etching. Don't confuse etching with water spots.

Thanks for your info! I went to check it and as it turns out, most of it was bird droppings. 8 months of it.

Sorry it took me so long to post, but most of last week was, in fact, taking care of this car. Will post pictures soon!