PDA

View Full Version : Spraying BF Crystal Coat?

elmoore
09-21-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't understand the fundamental differences between quartz/ceramic coatings, but can BFCC be transferred to a small spray bottle and sprayed (either directly onto the paint or at least the applicator)? I've seen this done for OC2.0/GC, know it's the standard application for PBLDPC, and it seems like it may ease application a bit by eliminating concerns for spilling runny product.

Nick McKees37
09-21-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't understand the fundamental differences between quartz/ceramic coatings, but can BFCC be transferred to a small spray bottle and sprayed (either directly onto the paint or at least the applicator)? I've seen this done for OC2.0/GC, know it's the standard application for PBLDPC, and it seems like it may ease application a bit by eliminating concerns for spilling runny product.

You can spray it on. You'll want to discard the sprayer after use because the coating will harden in the siphon tube.

elmoore
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Thank you very much, Nick.

elmoore
09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
One followup question: Is the suggested Lake Country applicator able to last throughout the whole coating procedure without gumming up or hardening? Is intermittant cleaning required or are multiple applicators suggested?

Nick McKees37
09-21-2015, 12:19 PM
One followup question: Is the suggested Lake Country applicator able to last throughout the whole coating procedure without gumming up or hardening? Is intermittant cleaning required or are multiple applicators suggested?

You can the same applicator on the entire car.