PDA

View Full Version : D151 help

DogRescuer
09-21-2015, 04:53 AM
When I finish a section ( lets say half a door) should I wipe that half clean or finish the panel before wiping clean?? Thanks Steve

Natron
09-21-2015, 06:01 AM
Finish the whole car. It's easier to see where you've done, it's more efficient, and it's believed that you get better protection. Nathan

mwoolfso
09-21-2015, 06:28 AM
6-in-1 and half-dozen in another... your call.

DogRescuer
09-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Thanks

DogRescuer
09-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Anyone else?

Hoytman
09-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Finish the whole car. It's easier to see where you've done, it's more efficient, and it's believed that you get better protection. Nathan

I've been on this forum since 2011. I've seen the above recommendation for HD Speed and HD Poxy, but I've never seen it for any other AIO product, let alone D151. That's not to say this suggestion hasn't been mentioned, rather, I have not seen it. It's new to me.

If the suggestion actually works for all AIO's then it would be a huge time saver.

EDIT:
Come to think of it...

I've read of several complaints of Wolfgang All-in-One and Menzerna 3-n-1 being difficult to remove after a section pass...let alone doing the entire car/truck.

It would be nice to get a list started of the AIO's that can be applied to the entire car/truck and then wiped off.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-21-2015, 05:04 PM
I believe its preference.

Your supposed to remove polish instantly. So im sure the wax protection isnt a haze to dry.

Its a WOWO (wipe on wipe off)

So it does not matter however you can do the whole car and wipe off.

Jason rose said you can do it like that with meguiars finishing wax on a episode of show car garage with mike phillips.

So do whatever you like.

FUNX650
09-21-2015, 05:30 PM
This is my method for AIOs' application/removal:

- Work on a single panel at a time.
-"Work-in-very-well"...the few drops of the AIO,
that I've put on either an applicator/polishing-pad...
until the film is nearly gone.
- Allow this AIO-film to haze for just a moment;
and, then buff off residue with a MF-towel.

Eazy-Peazy...:xyxthumbs:

Bob

GSKR
09-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Finish panel you're doing double work as mike Phillips would say keep it simple

DogRescuer
09-21-2015, 06:10 PM

Bob

I do prime the pad first right??

Hoytman
09-21-2015, 07:21 PM

Bob

:iagree::xyxthumbs:

sweatthedetails
09-25-2015, 09:26 PM
I have used several gallons of this stuff over the last six years. When I use a DA like a Cyclo it does not seem to work it enough to really get a nice haze. So I would wipe after each section so it would not dry hard. But as I moved to using a flex and sometimes a rotory the results are much better. The product seemed to break down better which I know doesn't make sense seeing as it's not diminishing, but the paint came out better and the product removed easier. Now I do an entire car before wiping. Also I like to top it with a little Meg's express pray wax for some extra POP! Hope this helps.

www.JaxDetails.com
www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

DogRescuer
09-26-2015, 05:47 AM
I have used several gallons of this stuff over the last six years. When I use a DA like a Cyclo it does not seem to work it enough to really get a nice haze. So I would wipe after each section so it would not dry hard. But as I moved to using a flex and sometimes a rotory the results are much better. The product seemed to break down better which I know doesn't make sense seeing as it's not diminishing, but the paint came out better and the product removed easier. Now I do an entire car before wiping. Also I like to top it with a little Meg's express pray wax for some extra POP! Hope this helps.

www.JaxDetails.com
www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Great, thanks

Calendyr
10-01-2015, 12:55 AM
I always saw D151 as polish not a wax. Being able to do the whole car then wipe would save a lot of time! Thanks guys!

GSKR
10-01-2015, 05:40 AM
Yes I prime everything u use