PDA

View Full Version : Waxing and Polishing with the BOSS 21?

nakranij
09-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Years ago, I bought the 6 inch orbital HD from Autogeek and have loved it. It is version 1 before they re-designed it.

I have been looking at the BOSS 21, but don't know which pads to get for basic wax application, removal and then final polishing (if I am not using their products.

It was easy with the 6 inch HD...... use the red and orange pads.

conman1395
09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't use the BOSS 21 for applying wax if you've been successfully using the one you have now. I don't like waxing with a long throw machine at all. It can be done, I just don't like it.

I definitely wouldn't use a long throw machine fit wax removal (or any machine for that matter) because if you apply it thin and do it correctly with a machine then it's faster by hand.

Just to clarify, do you only plan to use the BOSS 21 for waxing and final polishing? If so, I'd suggest you spend that money on more wax and/or get a GG3 for wax application because I honestly feel it's the best machine for applying products by machine. Then just use your current DA for "finish polishing".

nakranij
09-20-2015, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't use the BOSS 21 for applying wax if you've been successfully using the one you have now. I don't like waxing with a long throw machine at all. It can be done, I just don't like it.

I definitely wouldn't use a long throw machine fit wax removal (or any machine for that matter) because if you apply it thin and do it correctly with a machine then it's faster by hand.

Just to clarify, do you only plan to use the BOSS 21 for waxing and final polishing? If so, I'd suggest you spend that money on more wax and/or get a GG3 for wax application because I honestly feel it's the best machine for applying products by machine. Then just use your current DA for "finish polishing".

I was looking at a GG3 when I got the GG6 HD version 1, but I am working on full size pickup's where the panels are large. Waxing with a GG3 would take forever.

The GG6 HD has been working well and depending on how bad the scratches, defects, etc are I will change the pads and polishes I use.

Which I think the BOSS 21 will help getting scratches out of the larger panels with less time, but I want to be able to apply wax with it also.

Typically I remove wax by hand anyway with out the machine.

Trucks tend to get beat up more than sports cars.

Ryan509
09-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Have you considered a flex? it's not a long throw but it cuts faster

nakranij
09-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Have you considered a flex? it's not a long throw but it cuts faster

Which one is the flex?

Ryan509
09-20-2015, 06:50 PM
flex 3401. it's like a forced rotation dual action polisher if that makes sense. Alot of people praise it for cutting faster then a long throw

808_detail_nut
09-22-2015, 12:05 AM
I cut with the flex then polish with the g21 and wax/glaze with the PC. That combo works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk