PDA

View Full Version : Guzzlers drying towel

TRDTACO
09-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Was looking to switch from what I am currently drying with and I was going to give the guzzlers a try. My question is are they as good as say a synthetic or leather chamois? Are they worth the high cost? Do they fully dry the surface or do they leave trails behind? Can they be wrung out and continued to be used or do you have to grab a fresh dry towel? If not what are you currently using? Anyone use the dry me a river towels? Thanks

banzaitoyota
09-20-2015, 07:53 AM
I use drive me crazy towels to catch what the DP Blower missed

65vw
09-21-2015, 10:48 AM
I got a guzzler several months ago and forgot about it as I have my reliable real shammy and a cool soft rubber scraper thing for water removal on flat spots.

When I came across the guzzler last month and took it out and used it, I was very impressed!

The guzzler is far better than a shammy.
The guzzler easily picked up water and left no streaks as the shammy does.

However, I used the guzzler once on a very clean and polished car and I hung the guzzler to dry.
When I used the same now dry guzzler again on the same car, it did not seem to absorb water as efficiently as the first time I used it.

I have not washed the guzzler with MF cleaner and no dryer heat yet and maybe it needs to be washed to regain its full absorbency.

But on my standard MF towels, the first use of a MF towel is the best use and a washed MF towel, washed correctly, is not as good as a new one.
Clean your windows with a brand new MF and then clean another window with a properly washed MF towel and the washed towel will not absorb as well and will leave more product on the windows to air dry.

I do plan to use the guzzler instead of a shammy going forward as even a used guzzler seemed to work better and with a lighter touch than a shammy.

Shammy, who would have guessed that is a real animal!

AGOatemywallet
09-21-2015, 08:57 PM
65vw

Something is going wrong in your washing process

If anything, a new out of the package MF does not absorb as well as one that has been washed

SeanChav
09-21-2015, 10:24 PM
I always soak and wring out my MF towels to bring them back to life before I use em

65vw
09-24-2015, 04:55 PM
65vw

Something is going wrong in your washing process

If anything, a new out of the package MF does not absorb as well as one that has been washed

Really?

I washed my MF with the wash liquid purchased from AG in warm/cold water and then air dried them in the dryer for a few hours with zero heat.
No other towels were in the washer or dryer with the MF.

I am very careful with the MF's and fold them all in to neat stacks and put them in a closed cardboard box with a small door cut so I can take them out as needed, no contaminates get to them after washing.

I use stoner window cleaner and if I use a never before used MF I get zero left over streaks.
When I use a washed MF I get a small amount of residual streaking and to my feel the washed MF towels do not absorb as much of the wash liquid.

Maybe it's the water hardness/softness in my area.

It is only on windows that washed MF towels seem less effective to me.

For everything else a washed MF towel works the same as a new one to me.