PDA

View Full Version : Question on wdgps 3.0

DetailDrivenEugene
09-18-2015, 12:09 PM
I am doing an exterior detail on a brand new 2015 jeep 4 door unlimited tomorrow. I plan on using Wolfgang products and my flex 3401 to remove the dealer installed swirls and coffee cup ring on the hood. I have fusion wax and dgps 3.0 at my disposal. I would prefer to seal the paint, since we have long, wet winters here in Oregon. I am hesitant to use it on a customer's vehicle since I have never used it before. The customer does not mind leaving the vehicle overnight if I use the sealant, and has left the choice of lsp to me.
I am not new to paint correction, just Wolfgang products. I am hoping for some feedback from people who have used the wdgps as to how dummy proof it is. I would normally not consider using an untried product on a customer's vehicle, but this would be a great opportunity to monitor performance and longevity, as the customer is my neighbor.

What say you, fellow geeks?

Thanks,
B

01GreyStangGT
09-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Worked all last winter for me- put it on my outside SUV in October and in Aoril it was still beading.

refreshauto
09-18-2015, 12:37 PM
You can't go wrong with WDGPS. It lasts forever and really easy to apply and wipe off. Just follow the directions and you will be good to go.

GS2011
09-18-2015, 03:01 PM
You can't go wrong with WDGPS. It lasts forever and really easy to apply and wipe off. Just follow the directions and you will be good to go.

:iagree:Its a real good product - go for it!

FUNX650
09-18-2015, 03:36 PM
It's so easy to apply...that even the Patriots
could do it without being accused of cheating!

All kidding aside...
WDGPS is "Some Kind of Wonderful!"

Bob

mannichine
09-18-2015, 05:14 PM
I agree with all of the above--beyond easy.

rajon
10-06-2015, 08:33 AM
This is a repost from somewhere else on the forum but the beading shot is after 250 filthy miles and the reflection shot is the next morning with just a bucket wash. This stuff is amazing.

I put it on with a Griot's DA, Lake country white pad and took it off with a microfiber bonnet on a lambswool leveler. The total time investment in the coating was like maybe 45 minutes and 35 of that was sitting on my butt watching it dry.

I posted a couple other pictures in the misc section and I was diverted onto a dirt road on my way to work this morning and there is no trace of that on the paint. This stuff is, again, amazing.

(I am just a home enthusiast so my opinion may not carry much weight)

RTexasF
10-06-2015, 08:37 AM
You would be hard pressed to find a sealant better than the Wolfgang. That is ease of application/removal, durability, and looks. Frankly I would not top it with anything.....it looks that good all by itself.

larry33
10-06-2015, 09:50 AM
I just waxed and 1 week later put d156 on that. Can I put wgdgps on top of all that or do I need to wait till they wear off?

Dan Tran
12-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Can this sealant be applied in the sun? What temperature is too much?

I used HD POXY and Meguairs Ultimate Liquid Wax in the sun before no problem as far as I can tell.

Is this the same?

I watched a video with Mike P and another person and they mentioned this product requires 45 mins to cure.

Then on autogeek, it mentions it needs 12 hours minimum. Is that the absolute minimum time??

I am probably misreading into things. Please help clarify!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-08-2015, 01:57 PM
I have used WGDGPS before and have always enjoyed it. I haven't used it in a while because I collected quite a few nubas that I wanted to use, but I remember it being fool proof to apply and it lasting a long while. Not to mention the beading you get is crazy!!

Dan Tran
12-08-2015, 02:24 PM

I used HD POXY and Meguairs Ultimate Liquid Wax in the sun before no problem as far as I can tell.

Is this the same?

I watched a video with Mike P and another person and they mentioned this product requires 45 mins to cure.

Then on autogeek, it mentions it needs 12 hours minimum. Is that the absolute minimum time??!

Good to know... What about the specifics of the product mentioned above?

apthai
12-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Is this the same?

Then on autogeek, it mentions it needs 12 hours minimum. Is that the absolute minimum time??

I am probably misreading into things. Please help clarify!

After applying the sealant the product requires 45 minutes to set (dry) before you wipe the product off. After you've removed all the product it requires 12 hours to cure. Hopefully that helped.

Dan Tran
12-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Ok that answers a couple of things.

Is it heat/sun friendly?

Or should I stick with what I already know?