PDA

View Full Version : Leather interior panels

Typerx
09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Guys --

My '07 911 has the full leather interior so the dash and many interior panels are covered in leather. Generally, I've been an APC and wet wipe person for leather seats, armrests, steering wheels, etc with no topper but am thinking about reverting to my favorite leather conditioner, Zaino Z10.

So, that all said, I have read that you are not supposed to use any leather conditioning product on the dash due to the way it is stretched. I have little problem sticking with 1Z Cockpit Premium for that. However, for the rear passenger area and other similar panels, any thoughts on conditioner for those?

Since I don't typically use a conditioner, my goals in this case are twofold -- a slight darkening and a nice leather scent. I could get both other ways (303 and some CG Leather scent spray) but wanted to see if you experts had any views on this.

Nick McKees37
09-17-2015, 04:12 PM
I think you would be very pleased with Optimum Leather Protectant 17 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html)

It fits the description of what you're looking for, and it smells great. :dblthumb2:

Typerx
09-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Funny, I have a bottle of that (ordered from AG a year ago) and have never actually tried it!! Dunno why. Perfect opportunity to give it a try. I wasn't under the impression it had a leather-like smell but never gave it a whiff.

Opinion on using this product on the dash as well?

Also, if I apply this and then use the 1Z Cockpit for weekly dusting / touch ups, does it totally negate the Optimum?

Nick McKees37
09-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Funny, I have a bottle of that (ordered from AG a year ago) and have never actually tried it!! Dunno why. Perfect opportunity to give it a try. I wasn't under the impression it had a leather-like smell but never gave it a whiff.

Opinion on using this product on the dash as well?

Also, if I apply this and then use the 1Z Cockpit for weekly dusting / touch ups, does it totally negate the Optimum?

It works great on leather dash boards, and will deliver the scent and finish that you're looking for.

You can use 1Z to maintain it.

98LowRanger
09-17-2015, 05:22 PM
I think you would be very pleased with Optimum Leather Protectant 17 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html)

It fits the description of what you're looking for, and it smells great. :dblthumb2:

Is this the exact same product as the Optimum Protectant Plus that is sold in ths gallon container? If it is then I love this stuff and use it on leather seats as well as leather interior accents on doors/dash. Has a great new leather scent and gives a low shine finish.

Typerx
09-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I think they named it Protection Plus for smaller bottles (and in this case, gallon containers). I have the 17 oz and it is Leather Protectant.

I thought it was odd when I received my order so I looked it up then and consensus was that it is identical.