PDA

View Full Version : Love the meguiars brand, but maybe want to try some new correction fluids

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bill1234
09-17-2015, 11:24 AM
I have m105 and 205, Dont get me wrong they are good, but could I get something better than these? They correct well, but m105 dries up very fast and dusts like crazy. M205 is much easier to work with. Im open to anything and I have heard great stuff about HD cut ,etc and Menzerna

conman1395
09-17-2015, 11:28 AM
I have m105 and 205, Dont get me wrong they are good, but could I get something better than these? They correct well, but m105 dries up very fast and dusts like crazy. M205 is much easier to work with. Im open to anything and I have heard great stuff about HD cut ,etc and Menzerna
If I were you I would go try HD Cut and HD Polish and also try Menzerna FG400 and SF4000. Menzerna FG400 is still my favorite compound after trying others, though I haven't had a chance to try HD Cut yet and really want to.

Bill1234
09-17-2015, 11:30 AM
If I were you I would go try HD Cut and HD Polish and also try Menzerna FG400 and SF4000. Menzerna FG400 is still my favorite compound after trying others, though I haven't had a chance to try HD Cut yet and really want to.

Yea I have been looking into them, I just bought some HD bdx brake dust remover and it will be my first hd product. What I like about HD is they seem to make harder products a bit simpler to use. M105 and 205 are great, but for a new person it requires alot of time and skill to learn on them.

roguerobot
09-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Give the friendlier versions a try: Meguir's Ultimate Compound and Meguir's Ultimate Polish. They don't dust or dry out.

Bill1234
09-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Give the friendlier versions a try: Meguir's Ultimate Compound and Meguir's Ultimate Polish. They don't dust or dry out.

I have used those before, just need a bit extra cut and refinement and that is why I use m105 and m205.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Never tried the HD line because i have all the menzerna products and there nothing short of the best.

You will be amazed what fg400 and sf4000 can do for you.

Im sure the hd cut and polish are amazing as well, however like the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it.

But i my self only use 105 for headlight restoration anymore.

For the reasons you stated.

Get fg400 and sf4000 you wont regret it

When you buy it buy the 32oz youll regret not buying the big bottles.

The first time you use it you will say

"Where have you been all my life"

Kamakaz1961
09-17-2015, 11:42 AM
IMO, look into the Menzerna Brands FG400 for compound (similar to M105) and SF4000/4500 (similar to M205). I know Menzerna recently changed their numbers, however, not the fomula.

IMO once you try them you will never look back. They do not dry or dust as much as the Megs.

Bill1234
09-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Never tried the HD line because i have all the menzerna products and there nothing short of the best.

Im sure the hd cut and polish are amazing as well, however like the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it.

Will Definately keep that in mind. I love that m105 and 205 can do what they say, however, between the dust and drying so fast, it gets to be too much.

The Guz
09-17-2015, 12:24 PM
M100, M101 and D300 are much better than M105 in terms of working time and dusting.

I don't get dusting with M205 but that would vary between the environment someone is in. I did get a little dusting with HD Polish. It does work well.

DetailKitty
09-17-2015, 02:53 PM
I started out with M105 and 205.... and like you, got tired of the dusting, etc. I now use the Menzerna compounds and polishes and love them.

jms493
09-17-2015, 03:13 PM

I agree with this post.

HD Cut and Polish are nice. HD Cut doesnt smell all that great though...haha. The polish smells much nice...if you are into that.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-17-2015, 03:31 PM
I agree with this post.

HD Cut and Polish are nice. HD Cut doesnt smell all that great though...haha. The polish smells much nice...if you are into that.

Im sensitive when it comes to bad smells.

And fg400 gave me a headache a few times when i first used it.

I got used to it now tho. But if i over smell it , it will get me sick.

Smells like chalky medicine

expdetailing
09-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Im sensitive when it comes to bad smells.

And fg400 gave me a headache a few times when i first used it.

I got used to it now tho. But if i over smell it , it will get me sick.

Smells like chalky medicine

It's funny sometimes how people are different; I like the smell of FG400 and am near addicted to Iron-X cherry scent.:drool::drool:

custmsprty
09-17-2015, 05:08 PM

I have all the Menzerna products, and the new 3-n-1

And all the Wolfgang products except Uber as I have Menz 3-n-1 I figured it would be kind of redundant.

These are all great products but......

I have all the HD products too. For an AIO hands down imho HD Speed.

Much easier to use than 3-n-1. Please keep in mind I test these products in the high temps and humidity of a Florida summer. No ac in the garage I detail in, temps routinely over 100 degrees even with a fan blowing. This is truly a test of a polish or aio, how does it handle the humidity, the working times, drying times etc. I have had dusting issues with all the Menzerna products in the high temps and humidity down here at times in the summer.

The HD products have proven themselves more user friendly in this environment for me. Not too mention they are considerably less expensive. You can get HD Cut and Speed and have money left over compared to FG400 and SF4000 to use towards some new pads :props:

I own and have used HD Cut, Adapt, Polish, Speed, Poxy, Touch, Express, Dress, Metal, Protect.

3D Towel Kleen for my extensive MF collection.

3D Waterless Wash :dblthumb2: This and Poorboy's are my two favorites.

These are all exceptional products imho.

I just picked up the Orange Degreaser and Pink Car soap on the Labor day sale and haven't had a chance to use them yet.

You can't go wrong with any of the above products, but your wallet will thank you for the value of the HD Products.

dlc95
09-17-2015, 05:17 PM
M100 is well worth looking into. I'm not quite a brand fanboy, but I'm very close to meguiar's products. However, I took the plunge and invested in some Menzerna products.....

Let's just say that I made room on my small shelf for them - permanently. They will stand beside my Meguiar's products.

I also like the Rupes Zephyr and Keramik.

Occasionally I'll use the Rupes Duetto, and Rupes pads with Menzerna polishes. I think that is my favorite combination.

If you're using something like a Porter Cable, Menzerna polishes, and Lake Country Hydrotech pads are a match made in heaven.