PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed - wax or sealant?

kevincwelch
09-17-2015, 10:58 AM
There is conflicting information on the AG store front page (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-speed.html) for this product:

3D HD Speed is an all-in-one cleaner, polish and sealant that will have your vehicle looking shiny, swirl-free and waxed in one step.

HD Speed removes light imperfections, increases gloss significantly, and lays down a durable coat of wax all at the same time.

The bottle and 3D website state that a wax is left behind. I am tending to believe the 3D website, or is this a hybrid of sorts?

Zubair
09-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Montan wax derived from coal not carnauba, just like Poxy.

silverfox
09-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Its a hybrid as it is part HD polish and part HD poxy which is a hybrid.

jms493
09-17-2015, 02:37 PM
I recently use the HD Cut and HD Polish and was very pleased. I will invest in the HD Speed when I run out of Megs Cleaner Wax.

Souldetailer
09-17-2015, 02:56 PM
There is conflicting information on the AG store front page (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-speed.html) for this product:

The bottle and 3D website state that a wax is left behind. I am tending to believe the 3D website, or is this a hybrid of sorts?

Kevin, I don't really see the desrciptions as contradictory as I do overlapping. It is a product that has many rabbits in it's hat. In the end you can call it what you will, just as long as you're happy with it. I know I am, and as have many others stated.
Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

The Guz
09-17-2015, 03:29 PM
Pulled this from Autopia

Speed actually does and can be classified as several things...

AIO / Final Polish / Cleaner Wax / Glaze / Sealant / Gloss Enhancer

And yes, it certainly can cut/level defects without filling. In fact at this year's Detail Fest I demonstrated it by removing 3000 grit sand scratches from a black hood in about 10 seconds. At SEMA I was using 1500 grit sandpaper. It just took longer.

HD Speed is a combination of 75% HD Polish & 25% HD POXY. The abrasives are identical in both products, there's just less of them in HD Speed. Durability can vary greatly with Speed based on environment & washing variables. We actually use Speed on almost every dealer car that we work on and find that it lasts longer when you leave it to sit on the surface after polishing. It allows the polymers to link up creating a stronger bond. You basically buff the entire car and don't wipe any of the residue off until the end. Give it a try...

Souldetailer
09-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Pulled this from Autopia

Uh, Huh.

kevincwelch
09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
I think without knowing that it was a hybrid of sorts that saying it was a sealant that would leave my car waxed tripped me up a bit.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Makes a lot of sense now.

I've been curious about HD for a while and am going to try it out.

HateSwirls
09-18-2015, 05:26 AM
HD Speed Rocks...

More of a sealant IMO.

Great for one steps
Long work time
Removes light swirls
No dusting
Very easy to wipe off

sealthedeal
09-19-2015, 02:07 AM
Speed=75%polish 25%poxy

Don't wipe off after finishing section pass. Do whole car and then remove. This gets you better durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk