PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Yellow 5.5" Yellow Pads Issue

Zubair
09-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Hi Everyone

Amongst some of the stuff I have purchased from AG, the LC yellow pads seem to come apart on me prematurely. The velcro seems to come off the foam in as quick as the first section of polishing, within a few passes. At first I thought its the Rupes long throw that I just tested it on, then another pad I thought its the Flex direct drive causing it, but yet another pad did the exact same thing on my normal DAS6(PC style) DA.

All the other stuff I purchased is top notch, just these pads. Anyone else experiencing this? The pad has nice cut but the velcro just doesn't want to hold. I work on expensive cars and can't afford a mishap.

vobro
09-15-2015, 05:48 PM
I've had the same issue. Around 2 years ago I bought 3 of the 5.5 yellow pads and all three failed in 2nd or 3rd use. That same purchase I got some orange and white pads and they are still usable, not sure if LC has changed them since I've bought them. Even if you don't work on expensive cars if something would happen with a pad that's practically brand new it would be bad. I've moved on from LC since

medicscott
09-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Knock on wood I bought a ton of these recently and have not had any issues...

Mantilgh
09-15-2015, 07:25 PM
5.5. LC flat pads? Yes

Like this

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2703/medium/image1670.jpg

Mantilgh
09-15-2015, 07:53 PM
That is just the worst area of it, is also ruffled around the rest of the edge. I always try to make sure I grab the backing portion and not the pad when I pull them off.

I figured it was mis-use on my part, and it may be. That or the Duetto was too much for them.

Just thinking today that I'm going to need a bunch of these if I plan on doing any amount of work with them.

I have done most of one car, swapping 3 yellows, and a few panels on another. I have used that one the most testing products here and there.

dlc95
09-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Just give David Patterson a private message here, or send him an email.

Besides making really nice pads, they're customer service is excellent!

High Caliber
09-15-2015, 07:58 PM
Just give David Patterson a private message here, or send him an email.

Besides making really nice pads, they're customer service is excellent!

Yeah great advice I've had good luck with them. Maybe a bad run during manufacturing??

DeansDetailing
09-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Out of all the pads I have the ONLY one to have the velcro backing come off is the LC Yellow CSS pad. :-( The orange and white have held up very well. The yellow one came apart after one wash. Boo....

Zubair
09-16-2015, 02:07 AM
Yep exactly like the pic above.

I have already mailed David Patterson who seems like a really great guy and offered to get the pads shipped to me as he is well aware there is an issue with them as he has already received other complaints. My query is not that though. My concern is how safe are these pads to use? Will they come apart again? Are the Buff and Shine Yellow 5.5" safer to use?

I will wait for the pads to ship, I bought 6 of the yellows, really hoping I won't get a repeat performance from them coming apart again. You guys just confirmed this is a known issue, so hopefully the new pads being sent are the revised ones. I will post my findings.

HateSwirls
09-16-2015, 06:58 AM
I bought some about a month ago, mine are also coming apart.
Same as this the picture posted here.

Not sure what's going on here.

They do work great when you first get them,great cut.
I'm deciding if I should order more or switch brands.
We use a lot of pads in my shop so it's important to have plenty on hand

Zubair
09-16-2015, 07:09 AM
I see there's another post here on the same issue:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/customer-comments/94513-poor-customer-service.html

dlc95
09-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah great advice I've had good luck with them. Maybe a bad run during manufacturing??

Probably.

I'm confident that what they send for replacement can be utilized without reservation. I never had a problem with the yellow pads I bought in 2013.

Zubair
09-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah first time I've had LC pads fail on me. More than likely a bad batch. I'm confident the replacement ones will no doubt work or be of the quality I know Lake Country to be. I have no indication when I will receive them though, also no comment or contact from Auto Geek regarding this either.
I'll use this thread to update my findings.

Zubair
10-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks to David Patterson from Lake Country for replacing the pads and shipping it out to me at his expense here in Africa! Fantastic customer service from David and Lake Country :)