PDA

View Full Version : ONR Wash and Wax?

tguil
09-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I need to purchase another bottle of rinseless wash. Most recently I have been using ONR Wash and Wax and like the results. Is this still a good choice? I do not wish to purchase anything that comes only in larges quantities. As it is, a 32 ounce bottle of ONR lasts me for over a year. (In good weather, I usually do a regular bucket/hose wash.)

pheerix
09-15-2015, 04:41 PM
It's still a solid good choice. Cleans wells ands leave some protection behind. I use it and I like the results it gives. Can also be diluted for QD/waterless wash. UWW+ is also very good and popular. Blackfire and Pinnacle have their own versions that are good as well. Pinnacle is one of the few that has carnuba it.

vobro
09-15-2015, 06:02 PM
I use it and like it very much, although Megs D114( no wax, great all purpose with awesome dilution ratios as a ww) and Megs D115( with wax, noticeable gloss) have surpassed it IMHO

newportjon
09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
I use it and like it very much, although Megs D114( no wax, great all purpose with awesome dilution ratios as a ww) and Megs D115( with wax, noticeable gloss) have surpassed it IMHO

I have ONRWW and really like it. That said, I will be buying Meg's D114 and D115 next. Everyone raves about these products and I really want to try them.

You can't go wrong w/ ONR, though.

Real Riders
09-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Meguiars D114 costs less than ONR, in my opinion it cleans better, and you can also use it as very economical Waterless Wash. ONR still works great but I will be sticking with D114 going forward

MA5177
09-15-2015, 07:03 PM
I really like the chemical guys ecosmart waterless, some of their products are great and this is one of them. I have even been using it on the interior dash and door panels with great results on my work truck.

For my personal cars I use Megs D156 on the exterior AND interior

tguil
09-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. Think I'll stick with the ONR Wash and Wax.

builthatch
09-16-2015, 10:04 PM
it's good stuff. i like to spray OID during drying on an ONR or ONRWW wash. super duper ultra slick.

unrelated since it's not a wash and wax product, i want to try D114.

pheerix
09-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Try spraying OCW during drying and it'll be super duper ultra mega rad slick.

builthatch
09-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Try spraying OCW during drying and it'll be super duper ultra mega rad slick.

i have done this...and i agree, but i find it sometimes needs much more wiping whilst drying to avoid streaking, esp. when hot/humid and outdoors (in shade, obv) - drying outside by much more than dragging a Dry Me Crazy bums me out. i hate worrying about catching debris. OID i find sort of disappears whilst drying even in humidity as long as you don't let it sit on the surface too long.

it def extends protection by a large margin, but if that's the goal, i'd rather just mist Opti-Seal and dry normally.