PDA

View Full Version : B&S Microfiber Pad without hole in center?

FinishingTouchA
09-15-2015, 02:37 PM
My AG order just arrived! Yay!
One question for you guys...
I ordered 2 Buff & Shine Microfiber Cutting pads. (My favorite for the Rupes 21!!)
One came with the usual hole in the center as expected. But the second is a solid pad like a Hybrid... What's going on here? I've always heard the hole in the center of the pads, especially on the Rupes, helps with heat dissipation. I'd love to keep it for the rarity factor, maybe put it on my shelf as a collectible haha. Has this happened to anyone else?

dpk20x
09-15-2015, 05:39 PM
I bought a pair of buff and shine microfiber pads a year or two ago. They did Not have a hole in the center. Wish they did cause it would make it a lot easier to center on my backing plate.

Guess they updated the pads at some point?

ski2
09-15-2015, 06:06 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard of a B&S MF pad having a cooling hole in the center. Never seen them on any webpage.

FinishingTouchA
09-15-2015, 11:41 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard of a B&S MF pad having a cooling hole in the center. Never seen them on any webpage.

Hmm, now that I'm looking... I never realized the pictures don't have the hole. The first 6 pads have all had the cooling/centering hole.