PDA

View Full Version : Question about Klasse and Carnauba

MoBenzOwner
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I have an 06 Benz E350 (Flint grey). I AIO'd it twice to clean the paint and put two layers of Klasse sealant on the top. Next I coated with two coats of p21s wax. My question is this, I would like to give it another coat or two of Klasse sealant sometime late fall. Since I have P21s on top of the twins will I need to go back to the AIO then the sealant or can I go over the p21s directly with the Klasse sealant? Perhaps a better solution would be to somehow remove the P21s wax such as with an IS alocohol wipe down? Thanks in advance for help.

scottgt
09-19-2007, 09:19 AM
have you ever clayed the car?

Al-53
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
To do the klasse again you will need to remove the wax..so it will be back to the AIO again and then the SG....most sealants do not adhere to a wax....some that do are Zaino CS and Opti Seal...at least they claim to ....

Any ways to add more Sg you will have to remove any wax on the paint using AIO or any paint cleaner....since you have AIO thats your product to use..works best with SG bonding also...

AL

MoBenzOwner
09-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I have clayed the car prior. As long as I have kept a fresh "sacrificial" layer of p21s over the SG should I worry about going back to Klasse for the winter? Will the Twins still be protecting? I have not gone over a month without adding fresh p21s.

Al-53
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I have clayed the car prior. As long as I have kept a fresh "sacrificial" layer of p21s over the SG should I worry about going back to Klasse for the winter? Will the Twins still be protecting? I have not gone over a month without adding fresh p21s.

if you want a good winter protection..just go over the P21s with a collinite wax...and no need to remove anything....the P21s is not a durable wax so will not be good as a winter wax....top what you have now with a collinite paste wax like 476s...855 fleetwax...or 915..those will hold up for the winter...klasse and collinite is one of my winter protection systems....and holds up fine into spring....do the paste wax twice during the course of a few days...just to ensure complete coverage....

AL

MoBenzOwner
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks AL, been looking for a reason to try some collinite anyway. Now I have one......
Kevin