PDA

View Full Version : 5 star shine?

ViperGuy21
09-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Someone asked me about this and I'd never heard of it. Can't find it on AG, but I was hoping someone could tell me if its crap or not?
<$60 for 5 year durability...? And from a brand I've never heard of....?

AnthonyGXP
09-14-2015, 11:53 AM
If you have to search this hard to find, how good could it really be?

Unless, it's a hidden gem out there that some have never heard of.

Found the website and seems very gimmicky like "AS SEEN ON TV"

ViperGuy21
09-14-2015, 11:59 AM
If you have to search this hard to find, how good could it really be?

Unless, it's a hidden gem out there that some have never heard of.

Found the website and seems very gimmicky like "AS SEEN ON TV"

My thoughts exactly.
His brother put it on his own truck(not a detailer)and recommended it to him. I'm going to advise him to let me do it properly with one of the proven ones

Mike Phillips
09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
I can trace a post of my to answering this question back to 2005 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?6387)

The product, 5 Star Shine was created for the purposes of selling a book on gorilla website marketing. The focus was on reciprocal links to promote your website and the product you sold was this 5 star shine product. The program was more about marketing than a car wax product.

I'd recommend sticking to brands that are actual companies in this industry with a good and known reputation.

The guys name behind this was Glenn Canady.

Gee.... 10 years now answering this question....

:laughing:

ViperGuy21
09-14-2015, 12:30 PM
I can trace a post of my to answering this question back to 2005 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?6387)

The product, 5 Star Shine was created for the purposes of selling a book on gorilla website marketing. The focus was on reciprocal links to promote your website and the product you sold was this 5 star shine product. The program was more about marketing than a car wax product.

I'd recommend sticking to brands that are actual companies in this industry with a good and known reputation.

The guys name behind this was Glenn Canady.

Gee.... 10 years now answering this question....

:laughing:

Thanks Mike!
I was only 7 years old when you wrote that!

VeloNYC
09-14-2015, 03:57 PM
The program was more about marketing than a car wax product.
Is this sort of Herbalife of auto cosmetic industry? Once I was itching to get NanoSafeGuard from 5starshine website, but never did.

Mike Phillips
09-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks Mike!

I was only 7 years old when you wrote that!

That's funny.... :laughing:

I find it very powerful today to be able to find articles and threads on the Internet I wrote over 20 years ago....

:)