PDA

View Full Version : Good Microfiber Pads?

Pages : [1] 2

Ballistic
09-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Getting ready to order some new pads, and wanted to know what everyone is using.

I have been using the Rupes Microfiber Pads, but been hearing good things about the Meguiars pads.

Anyway whats everyone using?

KS_Detailing
09-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Meg's via Rupes 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogie
09-14-2015, 08:08 AM
I love the megs pads. I have a gg6, but am using the 5" kit. It works quick and finishes well on the cars I have done.

dlc95
09-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I use the Rupes too, as well as the Lake Country Ultra Fiber pads. The Ultra Fiber I consider more durable than the Rupes pads, but I'm still dialing in my technique with them (the rupes pads).

I read something where Todd Helme recommended using speed 3 or 4, as to not mat down the fibers. I did that with a new pad, and Menzerna FG400 and the pad looked new after I washed it. I also cleaned the pad with the Duetto off with the pad conditioning brush. When I use the Rupes Zephyr polish, it gets stuck in the pad, and doesn't even want to wash off.

I'll be trying that technique with Meguiar's M105, M101, and D300. I seem to prefer those with Microfiber pads.

I did a Nitro a couple weeks ago with LC ultra fiber + Megs D300 on a PC, and they tore through the swirls and scratches.

Ballistic
09-14-2015, 10:22 AM
I was looking at ordering the Meguiar's DMC6 6" Cutting pads.

Are you guys just using the MF Cutting pads with a more gritty compound then finishing up with a foam pad and less gritty compound?

Like i have been using wolf gang would and would i use Uber w/ MF Cutting pad then go to Wolfgang swirl remover w/ foam pad?

farhan3108
09-14-2015, 11:04 AM
hi everyone.. can anyone help me in this .. i am new in detailing service.. which pad is better ..Lake Country HD Orbital Foam Pads or Lake Country CCS pad

WRAPT C5Z06
09-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Griot's Fast Cut MF pads.

AnthonyGXP
09-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Meg's Microfiber Cutting pads are a must! Also, check out their new burgundy foam cutting disc that leaves an AMAZING! finish.

rwright
09-14-2015, 02:19 PM
If you're using a Rupes with a 5" backing plate, call Kevin Brown and order a custom cut backing plate to fit the DMC/DMF 5 :buffing:

dlc95
09-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I was looking at ordering the Meguiar's DMC6 6" Cutting pads.

Are you guys just using the MF Cutting pads with a more gritty compound then finishing up with a foam pad and less gritty compound?

Like i have been using wolf gang would and would i use Uber w/ MF Cutting pad then go to Wolfgang swirl remover w/ foam pad?

That's what I've been doing.

Cut with the blue Rupes mf pad, polish with the yellow, seal with the white.

With the PC I start the compounding process with the green hex logic. If that isn't getting it, I switch to the microfiber. With the Flex 3401, I stay with foam. Again, if the green isn't doing it, I'll put the yellow on. I've never had to do that though.

dlc95
09-14-2015, 05:07 PM
hi everyone.. can anyone help me in this .. i am new in detailing service.. which pad is better ..Lake Country HD Orbital Foam Pads or Lake Country CCS pad

It depends on the machine you are using. I really like ccs on machines like the porter cable 7424xp. I haven't tried the HD Orbitals yet though. As far as quality goes, Lake Country is a reputable company who makes great products. I love their ultrafiber, and hydrotech pads.

farhan3108
09-14-2015, 10:58 PM
thanks for the help

Ballistic
09-15-2015, 09:46 PM

I love my LC HDs but id probably only suggest them if you have like a rupes 21

FinishingTouchA
09-15-2015, 11:44 PM
I seriously love the B&S Microfiber cutting pads. Only other MF pads I've used are the Rupes ones and I'm not a huge fan, they seem to mat down really bad and don't like to fluff up. Next order I'll probably try the megs orbitals. Not really a fan of the HD Orbitals on the Rupes, if I want cut I'm going to grab a Rupes Blue or a MF pad.

farhan3108
09-16-2015, 11:42 PM
thank for your suggestion