PDA

View Full Version : aerospace 303 is really shiny

PoorOwner
09-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I think I must have had the same 32oz bottle for 10 years or so.
It works fine, no yellowing or degrade that I noticed but it seems to give more shine than I remembered.

could there had been some evaporation and it becomes more concentrated?

We just put on a new dash on the car under ext. warranty and want to apply something soon
I think I should buy a new bottle from high traffic o'rielly and use the bottle on tires and trims on the outside?

Desertnate
09-11-2015, 09:49 AM
How thick are you putting it down? Are you buffing it off after application.

The only time I've had it shine was when I put it on way too heavy and didn't buff it out. Even then, it reduced to a more satin appearance after a day or so.

PoorOwner
09-11-2015, 09:53 AM
How thick are you putting it down? Are you buffing it off after application.

The only time I've had it shine was when I put it on way too heavy and didn't buff it out. Even then, it reduced to a more satin appearance after a day or so.

I didn't know you have to buff it out but yes I now remember that satin appearance you talked about, but this is no longer the case it looks almost like amour all. And the sheen is kind of streaky and difficult to get an even sheen when I tried to put on the black plastics in an engine bay

mdreibelbis
09-11-2015, 09:57 AM
I didn't know you have to buff it out but yes I now remember that satin appearance you talked about, but this is no longer the case it looks almost like amour all. And the sheen is kind of streaky and difficult to get an even sheen when I tried to put on the black plastics in an engine bay

Did you give it a proper shake before use?

DogRescuer
09-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Hmm no shine for me but you want shine, try silk shine cg the last dime I'll ever send them

RTexasF
09-11-2015, 06:06 PM
From the directions:

Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303® Aerospace Protectant™ and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity.

PoorOwner
09-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I am not comfortable spraying over some interior area.
Is spraying onto a mf applicator the same?

AnthonyGXP
09-11-2015, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=RTexasF;1293808]From the directions:

Out of direct sun, spray surface with 303® Aerospace Protectant™ and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY WIPE COMPLETELY DRY. Note: this product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity.[/QUOTE

:iagree: Reading the manufacturers directions first is always a must!:props:

PoorOwner
09-12-2015, 02:03 PM
thanks for reminding me of the instructions. Yes I shook it for minutes, I tried spraying and wiping off right away just like instructions says, but I wasn't able to get 100% even sheen just looked blotchy over a vinyl textured dash. (it's a new dash with nothing applied prior) Maybe the second application would be better, but I have had better results with cockpit premium even though that product is like a matte finish, some dash looks better with a little more sheen though.