PDA

View Full Version : Ford dealer scuffed all four of my factory matte black wheels

13Ecoboosted
09-11-2015, 02:15 AM
Today I went to Ford Quick Lane for an alignment on my '13 F150 FX4 w/appearance package all blacked out. I warned them how picky I am so do the job right and be careful. NOPE so I have to go back and figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions on how to attempt either get money back , new wheels, or repaint? Buffing will make them more glossy looking

AutowerxDetailing
09-11-2015, 02:18 AM
They damaged your vehicle while it was in their care, custody, or control. They need to make it right. Their garage keepers and business liability insurance will cover the expense (if they decide to go that route). You should notify the service manager immediately.

AnthonyGXP
09-11-2015, 02:25 AM
They damaged your vehicle while it was in their care, custody, or control. They need to make it right. Their garage keepers and business liability insurance will cover the expense (if they decide to go that route). You should notify the service manager immediately.

:iagree::nomore:of that garage!

BillE
09-11-2015, 06:27 AM
:iagree::nomore:of that garage!

:iagree: The sooner the better.

Bill

LSNAutoDetailing
09-11-2015, 06:58 AM
this is in two different areas, I'll link to my answer here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/95121-ford-dealer-scuffed-all-four-my-factory-matte-black-wheels.html

KB in MD
09-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Pics?

PA DETAILER
09-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Then FORD will replace thoes wheels! I went thru this crap with FIRESTONE. They damaged all 4 wheels on my xterra when i got new tires mounted. Accept no less!!

PA DETAILER
09-11-2015, 07:40 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/87576-wth-up-tire-shops-late.html

It was a epic battle that had end results!!!

13Ecoboosted
09-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Service manager offered to put brand new OEM wheels on but was scared to remount my Toyo 35's? So knowing I could get 90% of the scuffs out I agreed to comp my Drive train full service and 1 OEM HID bulb. The reason it was even there was I was hit head on so they where checking alignment, adjust HID beams and clearing a seat belt code. Well EVERY item they touched they damaged or didn't fix. Both NEW OEM headlights had gouges on them the newly painted fender was pryed out w/cracked paint steering wheel still off a little. I called the manager back addressing the other items he said his Master Tech (that scuffed wheels) would NEVER do those things. I am a vendor at the bodyshop that fixed my truck and know how picky I am had at least 5 people QC truck before I took it to Ford it was 100% before it left and F'd up when I came back. Manager told me "see you in court my guy didn't do it" funny he didn't know about all the damage and he called me from his kids baseball game so how does he know his guy didn't do it? ###? So beware NEVER let Autonation Ford White Bear Lake touch ANYTHING! His name is Travis M. I'm not worried cause I'll get truck 100% satisfaction through Farmers but I didn't want to need to go that route. Sorry had to vent all the details wanted other people to be aware.